Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrCincinnati

Preseason Week 4 Bengals @ Colts

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

If its a 7 point game at any time in the 4th qrt of this game, I consider that a loss regardless of who wins. But that is the standard Ohio State must have. Anything less than a championship is a failure.

That may be true, but it's also what is wrong with sports at any level other than professional.  There are plenty of life lessons that are learned in defeat.  Running good people out of jobs isn't always the best course of action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

If its a 7 point game at any time in the 4th qrt of this game, I consider that a loss regardless of who wins. But that is the standard Ohio State must have. Anything less than a championship is a failure.

If it is, Lagow will throw a costly pick 6 and it will be over....but hopefully we cover 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21.5 point spread and Kevin Wilson looking for revenge?  I wouldn't be placing any bets on IU to cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused.  Is this a thread for OSU or the Bengals.

Oh right, no one cares about preseason game #4.

Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most players are resting tonight, but it should be noted that Tra Carson won't play tonight. That pretty much destroys his chances of making the team now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Evans is a stud I think.

Evans should start for Burfict.  I don't care if he's playing against subs, he's the best LB outside for Burfict that has played for us in a while.  Granted Nick Vigil has looked great this preseason as well, so he's also in the running...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Evans should start for Burfict.  I don't care if he's playing against subs, he's the best LB outside for Burfict that has played for us in a while.  Granted Nick Vigil has looked great this preseason as well, so he's also in the running...

I think they'll rotate guys in and out of there depending on opponent personnel and sub-package.  Vigil and Rey are going to play quite a bit too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Evans should start for Burfict.  I don't care if he's playing against subs, he's the best LB outside for Burfict that has played for us in a while.  Granted Nick Vigil has looked great this preseason as well, so he's also in the running...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Hate to say it, but Jake Elliott isn't going to make the team.

It's hard to find miss data.  He missed a 60 yarder and a ?? yarder?

Bullock also missed a 47 yard potential game winner.  So there's that too.  That's been his knock so far in his career.  So Elliott isn't out of it yet.  

I think if Bullock had nailed the 47 yarder it'd be over right now.  But now the coaching staff has something to think about.

EDIT: 46 yard miss for Elliott.  Yeah, going to be a long debate over this position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theJ said:

It's hard to find miss data.  He missed a 60 yarder and a ?? yarder?

Bullock also missed a 47 yard potential game winner.  So there's that too.  That's been his knock so far in his career.  So Elliott isn't out of it yet.  

I think if Bullock had nailed the 47 yarder it'd be over right now.  But now the coaching staff has something to think about.

EDIT: 46 yard miss for Elliott.  Yeah, going to be a long debate over this position.

If you are looking for evidence to support Elliot, he made the 46 yarder on the first try before the false start/time out/whatever caused the re-kick

 

And the 60 yarder had the legs, but drifted to the left of the goal post at the last second.  It looked true coming off of his foot.

Edited by INbengalfan
added more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, theJ said:

It's hard to find miss data.  He missed a 60 yarder and a ?? yarder?

Bullock also missed a 47 yard potential game winner.  So there's that too.  That's been his knock so far in his career.  So Elliott isn't out of it yet.  

I think if Bullock had nailed the 47 yarder it'd be over right now.  But now the coaching staff has something to think about.

EDIT: 46 yard miss for Elliott.  Yeah, going to be a long debate over this position.

Just to be clear, in my very honest opinion (as crazy as it sounds), I think they should keep both guys on the 53 man roster. They will have to release another guy anyway after Jones comes back, so cut one of them once he's back. Gives them more time to decide, incase Bullock really plays terrible in the first game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×