Preseason Week 4 Bengals @ Colts

MrCincinnati

12 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

If its a 7 point game at any time in the 4th qrt of this game, I consider that a loss regardless of who wins. But that is the standard Ohio State must have. Anything less than a championship is a failure.

That may be true, but it's also what is wrong with sports at any level other than professional.  There are plenty of life lessons that are learned in defeat.  Running good people out of jobs isn't always the best course of action.

13 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

If its a 7 point game at any time in the 4th qrt of this game, I consider that a loss regardless of who wins. But that is the standard Ohio State must have. Anything less than a championship is a failure.

If it is, Lagow will throw a costly pick 6 and it will be over....but hopefully we cover 

5 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Evans is a stud I think.

Evans should start for Burfict.  I don't care if he's playing against subs, he's the best LB outside for Burfict that has played for us in a while.  Granted Nick Vigil has looked great this preseason as well, so he's also in the running...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Evans should start for Burfict.  I don't care if he's playing against subs, he's the best LB outside for Burfict that has played for us in a while.  Granted Nick Vigil has looked great this preseason as well, so he's also in the running...

I think they'll rotate guys in and out of there depending on opponent personnel and sub-package.  Vigil and Rey are going to play quite a bit too.

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

22 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Hate to say it, but Jake Elliott isn't going to make the team.

It's hard to find miss data.  He missed a 60 yarder and a ?? yarder?

Bullock also missed a 47 yard potential game winner.  So there's that too.  That's been his knock so far in his career.  So Elliott isn't out of it yet.  

I think if Bullock had nailed the 47 yarder it'd be over right now.  But now the coaching staff has something to think about.

EDIT: 46 yard miss for Elliott.  Yeah, going to be a long debate over this position.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Bullock also missed a 47 yard potential game winner.  So there's that too.  That's been his knock so far in his career.  So Elliott isn't out of it yet.  

I think if Bullock had nailed the 47 yarder it'd be over right now.  But now the coaching staff has something to think about.

EDIT: 46 yard miss for Elliott.  Yeah, going to be a long debate over this position.

If you are looking for evidence to support Elliot, he made the 46 yarder on the first try before the false start/time out/whatever caused the re-kick

And the 60 yarder had the legs, but drifted to the left of the goal post at the last second.  It looked true coming off of his foot.

14 hours ago, theJ said:

Just to be clear, in my very honest opinion (as crazy as it sounds), I think they should keep both guys on the 53 man roster. They will have to release another guy anyway after Jones comes back, so cut one of them once he's back. Gives them more time to decide, incase Bullock really plays terrible in the first game.

Archived