Preseason Week 4 Bengals @ Colts

MrCincinnati

12 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Just to be clear, in my very honest opinion (as crazy as it sounds), I think they should keep both guys on the 53 man roster. They will have to release another guy anyway after Jones comes back, so cut one of them once he's back. Gives them more time to decide, incase Bullock really plays terrible in the first game.

That's a different take, and maybe they consider it, but doubtful.  

On a separate note, I had someone confirm the doors/windows were open, and that's the em]nd we kicked in the fourth quater.  All our kicks went wide left (from the field).  So did the Colt's miss earlier.  Cross wind had an effect.  If Elliott's kick had just a bit more "ummph" behind it, it stays true. And it had enough length for another 4-5 yards.  I'd keep Elliott, but that's for the team to decide.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

On a separate note, I had someone confirm the doors/windows were open, and that's the em]nd we kicked in the fourth quater.  All our kicks went wide left (from the field).  So did the Colt's miss earlier.  Cross wind had an effect.  If Elliott's kick had just a bit more "ummph" behind it, it stays true. And it had enough length for another 4-5 yards.  I'd keep Elliott, but that's for the team to decide.

When i shot hoops as a kid with my dad and brothers, i would always claim the wind took it when i missed a shot.  Damn wind.

9 hours ago, theJ said:

When i shot hoops as a kid with my dad and brothers, i would always claim the wind took it when i missed a shot.  Damn wind.

Right???  Your shooting reminds me of the hurricane game at PBS, when the remnants of (I think) Katrina blew through town here.  That's the game when the goal posts were blowing back and forth and the GW kick missed as the posts bent away from the ball.  As silly as that sounds, I was sitting in the north endzone and witnessed it from right behind it.

The kid in front of us had figured out the wind so well he could accurately throw popcorn at a guy five rows down and 4 seats to the side of him.  He'd just sit there and peg him over and over.  The guy had no idea where it was coming from.

The PA announcer was asking people to stop throwing stuff onto the field.  he had no idea how strong the winds were.  You could literally watch debris from the top rows of the east seats get swept down to the field, blow across, and draft back up to the upper deck on the west side.  In less than three seconds.

Getting home was a mess though.  Trees down everywhere.  A normal 90 minute drive took five or more hours.  At least school was closed the next day as one or two schools in Richmond were without power.

Archived