Golden Tate rumored to have narrowed his decision down to NE and PIT

DoleINGout

Gee who you think he's gonna go with.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/1106209987334950913

Steelers signed Donte Moncrief today so it would appear almost like a foregone conclusion that at some point Tate will join the Patriots. Tate expressed interest in the Pats while still technically under contract with the Eagles a couple weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Cowboys are interested in Golden Tate as well.

Although they just re-signed Tavon Austin an hour ago.

Yep, seems like a matter of time before Tate joins Pats. My guess based on Spotrac evaluations I've seen is that he will sign for essentially a two year deal a little under $19 million total.

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont want to get my hopes up because everyone said Adam Humphries was coming here

He was overpaid a teensy bit by the Titans because they had a bigger budget and need. The Pats were finalists. I predicted one of Hump, Tate or Cobb to join like others here, however Tate's options besides the Pats were the Steelers, (who signed Moncrief and Eli Rogers just now), and Cowboys, (who sign Tavon Austin just a short while ago). Tate will have to wait longer or accept the Pats offer which is probably the same as Humphries or hopefully slightly less.

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

He was overpaid a teensy bit by the Titans because they had a bigger budget and need. The Pats were finalists. I predicted one of Hump, Tate or Cobb to join like others here, however Tate's options besides the Pats were the Steelers, (who signed Moncrief and Eli Rogers just now), and Cowboys, (who sign Tavon Austin just a short while ago). Tate will have to wait longer or accept the Pats offer which is probably the same as Humphries or hopefully slightly less.

I wouldn’t think Tate would get four years. He will be 31 at the start of the season. Two years seems like a more likely contract. 

41 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

I wouldn’t think Tate would get four years. He will be 31 at the start of the season. Two years seems like a more likely contract. 

I meant same as Humphries in terms of annual cap hit. I mentioned in another thread that I only see his deal being essentially two years if that.

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

And here are the contract terms: Golden Tate to the Giants on a four-year, $37.5 million deal that includes $23 million fully guaranteed, per source.

CAA Football ✔ @CAA_Football

Golden Tate has agreed to terms with the NY Giants.

4:42 PM - Mar 14, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,159 people are talking about this

Archived