Golden Tate rumored to have narrowed his decision down to NE and PIT

DoleINGout

39 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Not in the least. Dude would be the next Joey Galloway/Ochostinko bust.

I think we will need to draft a WR early. I know our draft history is poor but there are several day 1 impact WRs and we are due on hitting on someone.

5 hours ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

I wouldn’t think Tate would get four years. He will be 31 at the start of the season. Two years seems like a more likely contract. 

Boy is there egg on my face, or what?

I obviously meant, I wouldn’t think that Tate should get a four year deal from the Patriots. 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

I think we will need to draft a WR early. I know our draft history is poor but there are several day 1 impact WRs and we are due on hitting on someone.

Doubtful the Pats look for a reveiver in my opinion. I think there could be a LOT of trades however. To move up, to move down, to move out, for future picks and for current NFLer's.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Doubtful the Pats look for a reveiver in my opinion. I think there could be a LOT of trades however. To move up, to move down, to move out, for future picks and for current NFLer's.

Gordon is a great #2 but he is unreliable. Need an insurance for him via trade/draft.

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Gordon is a great #2 but he is unreliable. Need an insurance for him via trade/draft.

Take Gordon out of it. Just with Edelman, Dorsett, Maurice Harris and the competition they'll bring in to compete with Berrios/Ellington for the 5th slot is enough. Gordon is a wildcard/cherry on top. 

4 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Andy Isabella, for the win. 

nah dude is a fringe 53 guy. practice squad maybe

I could legitimately see Hakeem Butler at 32 if they stay put and he is there. Best receiver in the draft and best fit for what Pats do/need. Wouldn't count on a wide out in the first happening like I said in another post, but if Butler is selected then I don't think we'll see another drafted later on.

Just now, nextsuperstar1 said:

But you’re excited by Harris? If you are judging receivers based solely on height rather than production, speed, or agility and general ability...

he is crazy. Isabella would be a very good choice in round 2.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

he is crazy. Isabella would be a very good choice in round 2.

too weak and thin framed. messy receiver overall. just not a fan. he's got some quicks though!

2 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

But you’re excited by Harris? If you are judging receivers based solely on height rather than production, speed, or agility and general ability...

yes because if you watch Harris play, you see a complete receiver. not just that, but he is experienced and already proven he can hang in the NFL. height has very little to do with my opinion of Harris. In fact, his height isn't even a big reason why I appreciate his game; it's his IQ and effort.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

too weak and thin framed. messy receiver overall. just not a fan. he's got some quicks though!

yes because if you watch Harris play, you see a complete receiver. not just that, but he is experienced and already proven he can hang in the NFL. height has very little to do with my opinion of Harris. In fact, his height isn't even a big reason why I appreciate his game; it's his IQ and effort.

He isn't my favorite receiver in the draft but I wouldn't mind the pick. Still hope we draft AJ brown though.

Archived