Bears sign S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

vs. a third round pick or some rookie who costs less than 3.5 mil and is actually dependable

Gives them the flexibility to draft someone if theres someone available or to wait until later in the draft.  If they thought he was an ideal long term solution, he wouldn't be here for 1 year at 3.5m.  They can't guarantee that they have someone capable fall into their laps at one of their limited number of draft choices.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

2016 Haha was on the way to deals like Joyner and Mathieu got. He mailed it in thinking he could coast to big money and gets 3.5m, sad.

Can’t deny though, a fully motivated HaHa at 3.5m is a great deal. And on this contract i expect him to be motivated. 

$3.5 m for a one year prove it really is a good deal for the Bears. He’ll have a fire under him for a larger contract next season, he’s going to the #1 D in the NFL to be the 10th-11th best starter. Not to mention, Ha Ha is who hosted Eddie Jackson on his official visit to Alabama. Some history there

42 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Slap in the face to Packer fans. Luckily he's not that good

Hopefully a limp-wristed HaHa Clinton-Dix slap.

IF you can get him on his A-game, he is a very good player.  As has been stated, we haven't seen much of that guy since 2016.  He has been unimpressive for most games since that season.

4 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Can’t deny though, a fully motivated HaHa at 3.5m is a great deal. And on this contract i expect him to be motivated. 

It's a steal. I figured he'd end up in Chicago or Washington so he could play along side one of his Bama boys.

We'll see what they get from him. If it's the same Haha, you'll get real sick and tired of him quickly. He doesn't make nearly enough plays on the ball to not be willing to stick his nose in there and punish guys occasionally.

i think he'll turn it around after seeing how 3.5m was the highest offer he could get. early on looked like a gem, but then just mailed it in and had like jay cutler type body language on the field. he's just like never engaged and doesn't seem to ever care. he retorts with fans have no idea what they're talking about and he's just doing his role & never took accountability for his play in GB. thought he'd do better w/ some legit pass rushers in WAS and a new environment, but i guess not. i doubt he'll be good, but at 3.5m definitely a solid gamble. wouldn't feel comfy w/ him back there though, if that was a hole, CHI still definitely needs to address it with someone else. 

Archived