Bears sign S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix

WindyCity

43 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a steal. I figured he'd end up in Chicago or Washington so he could play along side one of his Bama boys.

We'll see what they get from him. If it's the same Haha, you'll get real sick and tired of him quickly. He doesn't make nearly enough plays on the ball to not be willing to stick his nose in there and punish guys occasionally.

Not really a steal but it's not like it's a bad deal.  They only had to pay 3.5m because that's about what his play has been worth.  He has an overrated rep by the general fanbase because he's a former 1st round pick who didn't bomb early on.  Remember Washington fans thought they got a great deal trading a 4th for him.  It won't be a bust signing or anything because the money is so low there's almost no risk but I really doubt it turns into any kind of a steal.

It's a good deal for Ha Ha.  He played himself out of a large payday.  Great in 2016.  Terrible in 2017 and 2018.

If he can't produce on that defense, he is done in the NFL.

If the Bears get 2016 Ha Ha, they are gonna be very, very happy.

If they get 2017-18 Ha Ha, they are going to wish he had paid them 3.5M.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a steal. I figured he'd end up in Chicago or Washington so he could play along side one of his Bama boys.

We'll see what they get from him. If it's the same Haha, you'll get real sick and tired of him quickly. He doesn't make nearly enough plays on the ball to not be willing to stick his nose in there and punish guys occasionally.

This will be such an easy step to a big payday for him. He's going to look good on that Bears D and if he doesn't it will only be because of effort. I've never been a huge fan of his and thought he was pretty overrated in GB but he has a chance here to excel and earn some serious dough. I mean, look at what Amos just got and Dix is a considerably better athlete who should flourish on this Bears defense. Smart move by him for signing here and smart for the Bears to get him for so cheap.

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

This will be such an easy step to a big payday for him. He's going to look good on that Bears D and if he doesn't it will only be because of effort. I've never been a huge fan of his and thought he was pretty overrated in GB but he has a chance here to excel and earn some serious dough. I mean, look at what Amos just got and Dix is a considerably better athlete who should flourish on this Bears defense. Smart move by him for signing here and smart for the Bears to get him for so cheap.

Agree with everything you stated except the bolded. HaHa is pretty stiff and looking at combine numbers Amos performed better than HaHa in every single drill.

10 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Agree with everything you stated except the bolded. HaHa is pretty stiff and looking at combine numbers Amos performed better than HaHa in every single drill.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've never looked at their combine numbers and mostly based that off him being a 1st round draft pick.

One of my favourite players the first 2 years, have his jersey, one of only 3 I own. The last couple years, like everyone said, every play was a business decision sadly. He was playing too safe, didn't want to get hurt, but hard to blame him when he is playing 100% of the snaps for the whole season. I would have thought last year when we traded him, he would try harder on the Redskins to get paid, but he didn't.... 

This is a really good number for the Bears. I won't be thrilled to play against him, and I hope he does well enough to get paid somewhere else next year

He looked mighty slow on that Saquon TD lol. 

Haha can be physical if he wants. I've seen him lay the hammer down. He was a 5 star out of Orlando FL in high school so he had to have big time ability.

It's all on him I think he is a player that can control his destiny.  A true game changer when he wants it.

Packers fan btw.

Honestly not sure if he will even start....him and Jackson together I think are redundant. That being said, I actually still love the signing. I think this hints at a 3 safety package, or a double coverage package or something like that.

I always say, NFL is not Madden where starters are just starters. Starting is fluid, and really nobody plays 16 games. I think its more just adding another good player in the secondary.

7 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Should also be mentioned that he's a really stand up person. Was very active in the community in Florida and in GB.

Yes he is.  He majored in criminal justice so I suspect after retirement he'll pursue work in that field.   In the summer of 2017 he was a judicial intern in Brown County in GB.

3 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

I'm going to go against the grain here, probably wrongly, but I think this is a very smart pickup by the Bears especially for that price. He's got a lot of talent. 

The Bears aren't gonna be out much if he doesn't produce but you have to wonder why GB would let a former first round pick walk and the following year Washington did the same thing.  He might have talent but does he have the heart to go with it?

Archived