49ers Sign CB Jason Verrett

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

If Sherman and Verrett start at outside corner does that mean we put Witherspoon in the slot? 

I want to say that he had spent some time in the slot when he was a rookie...I feel like he may have been in the slot when he had that INT against the Eagles? @J-ALL-DAY do you remember that to confirm? 

That being said, maybe we line him up in there sometimes, but I can't imagine he would be the primary slot guy. I think that would still go to Williams. I think Spoon at that point would come on to the field on a rotational basis and 4 receiver sets 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I want to say that he had spent some time in the slot when he was a rookie...I feel like he may have been in the slot when he had that INT against the Eagles? @J-ALL-DAY do you remember that to confirm? 

That being said, maybe we line him up in there sometimes, but I can't imagine he would be the primary slot guy. I think that would still go to Williams. I think Spoon at that point would come on to the field on a rotational basis and 4 receiver sets 

Nah, Spoon was on the outside I'm pretty sure. 

Spoon vs Verrett for the starting LCB spot. No gimmie Verrett wins the job even if he is healthy. 

I love this signing and if he can stay healthy he is a really good CB. Just don't count on him being there for a full season but at least you give Spoon a guy to compete with so he has to go all out to earn that starting spot.

On 3/14/2019 at 3:53 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, Spoon was on the outside I'm pretty sure. 

Spoon vs Verrett for the starting LCB spot. No gimmie Verrett wins the job even if he is healthy. 

They are different kinds of corners. I hope we use them interchangeably based on who lines up at WR

Witherspoon has better length and should be used against bigger WRs. I'd actually be interested in seeing him man up some TEs from time to time. 

JV is quicker and has better hips. He should be used against technicians/route runners/quicker WRs. Seems like he excels in man coverage as well

I hate how Sherman is always on one side. It just lets the other team's offense dictate matchups by puting whoever they want on his side. 

Also, let's not forget about our third round pick from last year, tarvarius Moore. I studied him closely and he was very impressive. 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Witherspoon has better length and should be used against bigger WRs. I'd actually be interested in seeing him man up some TEs from time to time

Too soft against most big tight ends (guys like Gronk, kittle, kelce). Could have success against the more lithe, athletic, not as physical guys like engram, or Noah fant

Archived