Golden Tate signs with Giants

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Incorrect. Eagles picked up his option and he opted out. Howie put weird language terminology to essentially play the cap while giving Nick Foles a raise. Foles actually paid back $2 Million to become a free agent and opt out of the Eagles opting in. Though both parties knew this would be the case before the season even began.

I know what happened, which is why I called it a contract buy out.................

You still didnt explain how it could count for comp purposes.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I know what happened, which is why I called it a contract buy out.................

You still didnt explain how it could count for comp purposes.

1. Because the Eagles picked up his option.
2. Nick Foles opted out, therefore making him an Unrestricted free agent

It was in no way a buy out on the Eagles part. If it were a buy out on the Eagles part, essentially cutting Foles, then this would be a different story, but that's not how it unfolded.

1. Because the Eagles picked up his option.
2. Nick Foles opted out, therefore making him an Unrestricted free agent

It was in no way a buy out on the Eagles part. If it were a buy out on the Eagles part, essentially cutting Foles, then this would be a different story, but that's not how it unfolded.

Where did I ever say it was a buy out on the Eagles part? Foles bought out of his contract. LMAO, bro its like I am speaking german any time you read my post. You always assume I am saying something I am not. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Where did I ever say it was a buy out on the Eagles part? Foles bought out of his contract. LMAO, bro its like I am speaking german any time you read my post. You always assume I am saying something I am not. 

Then you don't know how the compensatory system works. I assumed you'd at least know that much.

If the TEAM buys out a contract in order to release a player and not have them count towards the cap the following season, THEN they don't count towards the compensatory system. However since Foles was the one to initiate the "buyout" it still applies as becoming a free agent via contract expiration. If the Eagles weren't going to get a comp pick for it, Howie would have tagged Foles and traded him. 

Then you don't know how the compensatory system works. I assumed you'd at least know that much.

If the TEAM buys out a contract in order to release a player and not have them count towards the cap the following season, THEN they don't count towards the compensatory system. However since Foles was the one to initiate the "buyout" it still applies as becoming a free agent via contract expiration. If the Eagles weren't going to get a comp pick for it, Howie would have tagged Foles and traded him. 

Name the last 5 players to buy out of their contract? 

What the Eagles did was unique. I wasnt aware how a player buy our would mess with the comp formula. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Name the last 5 players to buy out of their contract? 

What the Eagles did was unique. I wasnt aware how a player buy our would mess with the comp formula. 

If you read any news article on the saga of the assets the Eagles were going to try to acquire via some method of Foles leaving the team, it would have been in there.

But yeah, I can't blame you for wanting to not read something about the team that made you run away to Reddit for 6 months.

Oh and by the way, how many notifications did you have when you come back? just number wise lmao

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

If you read any news article on the saga of the assets the Eagles were going to try to acquire via some method of Foles leaving the team, it would have been in there.

But yeah, I can't blame you for wanting to not read something about the team that made you run away to Reddit for 6 months.

Oh and by the way, how many notifications did you have when you come back? just number wise lmao

Does saying stupid ish like this make you happy? You just come across as some dork trying to act tough. Your schtick is getting old. 

Archived