Raiders release Jordy Nelson

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Just now, justwinbaby81 said:

Wtf why. Wasn't he already paid? I don't like this move at all.

Sometimes not everythint is a cap issue. Jordy Nelson is terrible. Like really really bad. Where would you even put him? The slot? Excuse me while I spit out my coffee.

Jordy would of made us worse. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Sometimes not everythint is a cap issue. Jordy Nelson is terrible. Like really really bad. Where would you even put him? The slot? Excuse me while I spit out my coffee.

Jordy isnt bad certainly better than Seth Roberts. But there were rumors he was unhappy with the Raiders last season

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Wtf why. Wasn't he already paid? I don't like this move at all.

When you sign FA you make promises sometimes.  Giving him his bonus early was us keeping our promise, freeing us to cut him, and showed future free agents that we will do what we say when it comes to taking care of them.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You gotta be kidding me dude. More savings out of Roberts, Jordy is definitely the better player. How is there any argument there? Even as a #4 WR he's worth keeping. He was our best WR last year...terrible is over the top but whatever.

Not happy about this one.

Just now, justwinbaby81 said:

You gotta be kidding me dude. More savings out of Roberts, Jordy is definitely the better player. How is there any argument there? Even as a #4 WR he's worth keeping. He was our best WR last year...terrible is over the top but whatever.

Not happy about this one.

He was a walking corpse, slow as heck. Why would you pay that much for a WR4? Plus he’s just gonna be unhappy he’s a WR4. 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Jordy isnt bad certainly better than Seth Roberts. But there were rumors he was unhappy with the Raiders last season

Jordy was better than Seth a few yrs ago but that is a toss up now days. I still don't like Seth's deal but he provides more than Jordy did. Seth is good on special teams, blocking, can play slot and X and has one of the better catch ratio and drop percentages on the team. Plus Carr and Gruden love him. Must be a reason and they are in the building and we aren't.

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

Jordy was better than Seth a few yrs ago but that is a toss up now days. I still don't like Seth's deal but he provides more than Jordy did. Seth is good on special teams, blocking, can play slot and X and has one of the better catch ratio and drop percentages on the team. Plus Carr and Gruden love him. Must be a reason and they are in the building and we aren't.

I’m not even sure we cut Seth at this point, at least not til after the draft is over. 

I’d rather have Seth over Jordy. Seth is much faster and also a good route runner. He was also getting more separation on his routes because of his speed even though Jordy is a great route runner. He also works the slot way better than Jordy. 

I’m not a big Seth fan, expendable, but he offers a lot more than Jordy at this point. The only thing Jordy does better than Seth is catch the football. 

Archived