Raiders release Jordy Nelson

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Jordy was better than Seth a few yrs ago but that is a toss up now days. I still don't like Seth's deal but he provides more than Jordy did. Seth is good on special teams, blocking, can play slot and X and has one of the better catch ratio and drop percentages on the team. Plus Carr and Gruden love him. Must be a reason and they are in the building and we aren't.

I think Carr plays favorites a little to much.  How is Seth the only WR left from that 2016 team?  He drops the ball a lot and he is trying the whole time.

Jordy was better than Seth a few yrs ago but that is a toss up now days. I still don't like Seth's deal but he provides more than Jordy did. Seth is good on special teams, blocking, can play slot and X and has one of the better catch ratio and drop percentages on the team. Plus Carr and Gruden love him. Must be a reason and they are in the building and we aren't.

Jordy has been better than Roberts literally every year. Even the year he tore his ACL lol.

Roberts played 0 ST snaps...like what? Catch rate lower than Jordy, despite the best of his trash career.

Mutual departure for Jordy? I can buy that. Bad football move otherwise.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not even sure we cut Seth at this point, at least not til after the draft is over. 

I’d rather have Seth over Jordy. Seth is much faster and also a good route runner. He was also getting more separation on his routes because of his speed even though Jordy is a great route runner. He also works the slot way better than Jordy. 

I’m not a big Seth fan, expendable, but he offers a lot more than Jordy at this point. The only thing Jordy does better than Seth is catch the football. 

Not coming at you but wanted to point something out that seems to be a misconception with alot of fans.

Roberts had 4 drops in 2017 and 3 in 2018. Both years he has been over 70% in catch/rep%. 2017 he was 28th in the league out of more than 250. 2018 he was 37th out of more than 250.

The myth that he drops a ton of balls is just false.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

Not coming at you but wanted to point something out that seems to be a misconception with alot of fans.

Roberts had 4 drops in 2017 and 3 in 2018. Both years he has been over 70% in catch/rep%. 2017 he was 28th in the league out of more than 250. 2018 he was 37th out of more than 250.

Well he drops a lot of 3rd down move the chain type balls which probably gets more notice among the fans. 

Paying 3mil and then letting him go was more about insurance in case we struck out in free agency and not knowing if Pittsburg was really going to deal us Brown for what we were offering.  Mayock and Gruden are looking to get younger, add talent with upside or bring in stars....Jordy is no longer any of those 3 things.  

I wish I still had prior year games on my DVR because I can promise you those drop numbers are wrong. 2018 I dont know, but 2017 100%. I can tell you the dude is vastly overpaid and also overrated as a blocker. Hell he probably is a league leader in non-PI penalties for WR. Dude is a bonehead. 

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I wish I still had prior year games on my DVR because I can promise you those drop numbers are wrong. 2018 I dont know, but 2017 100%. I can tell you the dude is vastly overpaid and also overrated as a blocker. Hell he probably is a league leader in non-PI penalties for WR. Dude is a bonehead. 

I don't think the #s are wrong. I think they account for errant throws and passes tipped and what not. I also don't buy the "dudes a bonehead". Anything goes wrong and the Seth haters come out the wood work.

We can argue back and forth and you can cry about hating him but the fact remains Gruden and Mayock and Carr choose to pay Seth 5mil this year (maybe, they could still cut him) over paying Jordy the rest of his deal. Speaks volumes seeing they have ALL the info and we have probably 25%.

Now there could be stuff behind the scenes happening like Jordy wanting to hang it up or being unhappy so they made the move. ANd like I said they can still cut Seth. But this is how it is atm. Period.

10 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

You can promise me but you can't prove it. Do your own research online. I have been to more than 3 sites that track catch and drop #s. They all show the same or just about the same #s.

3 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't think the #s are wrong. I think they account for errant throws and passes tipped and what not. I also don't buy the "dudes a bonehead". Anything goes wrong and the Seth haters come out the wood work.

We can argue back and forth and you can cry about hating him but the fact remains Gruden and Mayock and Carr choose to pay Seth 5mil this year (maybe, they could still cut him) over paying Jordy the rest of his deal. Speaks volumes seeing they have ALL the info and we have probably 25%.

Now there could be stuff behind the scenes happening like Jordy wanting to hang it up or being unhappy so they made the move. ANd like I said they can still cut Seth. But this is how it is atm. Period.

No ones crying there buddy. If anything you're playing white knight for the guy.

The very first thing you said to defend Seth is that he's good on special teams and he played a grand total of zero snaps on special teams...that kind of eliminates the rest of your analysis' validity. You dropped the credibility faster than a 3rd and 5 to stone hands Seth.

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

You can promise me but you can't prove it. Do your own research online. I have been to more than 3 sites that track catch and drop #s. They all show the same or just about the same #s.

I did. Pro-football-reference had Jordy at a higher catch rate. Soooo what's your 3? Dont bother.

Archived