Raiders release Jordy Nelson

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Jordy Nelson isn't slow. NFL NextGenStats posts the top 20 fastest ball carriers each week of the season. In 2018, Nelson made the top 20 three times, our Marquez Valdes-Scantling also three times, Davante Adams twice, and Trevor Davis once (not bad for only touching the ball 5 or 6 times). No other Green Bay players made the list.

Fastest time for each player 2018-

21.97 mpg- Jordy Nelson

21.13- Marquez Valdes-Scantling

20.35- Trevor Davis

20.23- Davante Adams

Jordy Nelson was faster than every player on our team last year.

2 minutes ago, firstdown said:

Jordy Nelson isn't slow. NFL NextGenStats posts the top 20 fastest ball carriers each week of the season. In 2018, Nelson made the top 20 three times, our Marquez Valdes-Scantling also three times, Davante Adams twice, and Trevor Davis once (not bad for only touching the ball 5 or 6 times). No other Green Bay players made the list.

Fastest time for each player 2018-

21.97 mpg- Jordy Nelson

21.13- Marquez Valdes-Scantling

20.35- Trevor Davis

20.23- Davante Adams

Jordy Nelson was faster than every player on our team last year.

Are NFL nextgen sensors NIST traceable tho?

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jordy was one of the worst WRs in the league last year. Literally a walking corpse. And that’s being generous. I remember I put his speed on Madden to 65 for a more accurate reflection of his play. 

How sad.  I didn't realize he didn't play well for you guys.  I guess our new GM was right when we let him walk.  I do recall a lot of Packers fans were not pleased.  This can be a brutal business.

44 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Nah we're still checking for pulses here

Given their current WR situation they'd be mad not at least sniff around Nelson. He's a proven commodity at least. Hell, he caught 60 balls for ~800 yards last year. Everyone else on the roster (except Edelman, obviously) has barely done that in their career.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, BayRaider said:

Jordy was one of the worst WRs in the league last year. Literally a walking corpse. And that’s being generous. I remember I put his speed on Madden to 65 for a more accurate reflection of his play. 

If he was that bad, how did he manage 70% catch rate, 700+ yards, nearly 12 yards/rec, 3 TDs; that's better numbers than half the starting receivers in the league...

He's clearly not a #1 anymore, but lined up on the other side of Brown, that passing game would have been pretty scary.  and it's not like he was making a ton of money either.  I don't get this.

Not sure why Raider fans are hating on Jordy... he was exactly what we thought he was. He was brought in to #2 Amari and be a reliable pass catcher to Amari's inconsistency. The whole offense was hot garbage and no one could separate when the tackles gave up pressure in <2 seconds. Jordy is great at finding the open zones when the play breaks down and there's time. There weren't enough situations where that came true. 

I thought we would keep him. We paid him his bonus (or something) early, which I thought for sure he would stay. I'm not upset about cutting him, I think the other receive signings made it happen.

1 hour ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Not sure why Raider fans are hating on Jordy... he was exactly what we thought he was. He was brought in to #2 Amari and be a reliable pass catcher to Amari's inconsistency. The whole offense was hot garbage and no one could separate when the tackles gave up pressure in <2 seconds. Jordy is great at finding the open zones when the play breaks down and there's time. There weren't enough situations where that came true. 

I thought we would keep him. We paid him his bonus (or something) early, which I thought for sure he would stay. I'm not upset about cutting him, I think the other receive signings made it happen.

I don’t either, 700+ yards last season in his first year with us.  I wasn’t expecting prime Jordy, but he was a decent #2.  He still has a little bit left, but shouldn’t be a main target.  He could easily get another 700+ yards this season in a good system.

Archived