Sign in to follow this  
bucksavage1

Raiders Release AJ Macarron

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As a backup? If Carr goes down who do you trust more, Sam Bradford or Nathan Peterman?

Not sure. Bradford would probably hurt his knee signing the contract and I don’t know much about Peterman honestly.

Posted (edited)

Peterman is a camp arm. Dont see him locking down a roster position unless Gruden is high on him. Stranger stuff has happened.

Lot of ex starters still left on the open market: Bortles, Fitz, Tannehill probably too

One thing is that Gruden loves QBs ,Mayocks 1st draft and based on this offensive mindset, we will draft a QB at some point in the draft.

Earlier than expected in my opinion

Edited by bucksavage1

Actually think this was a power play. Everyone sees the Carr ab love fest brewing plus we had a backup qb so that pretty much took us out of the qb draft market potentially reducing trade value for our top pick. Now without a backup qb we are still a threat to take a qb in the draft which teams will have to take into consideration 

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Actually think this was a power play. Everyone sees the Carr ab love fest brewing plus we had a backup qb so that pretty much took us out of the qb draft market potentially reducing trade value for our top pick. Now without a backup qb we are still a threat to take a qb in the draft which teams will have to take into consideration 

Good point. The franchise hasn't committed to Carr other than being the QB of right now

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Not sure. Bradford would probably hurt his knee signing the contract and I don’t know much about Peterman honestly.

Peterman has 4 career starts and in those games has had 3 TD and 12 INT. Bradford would be one of the better backups in the NFL...

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Peterman is a camp arm. Dont see him locking down a roster position unless Gruden is high on him. Stranger stuff has happened.

Lot of ex starters still left on the open market: Bortles, Fitz, Tannehill probably too

One thing is that Gruden loves QBs ,Mayocks 1st draft and based on this offensive mindset, we will draft a QB at some point in the draft.

Earlier than expected in my opinion

With the emphasis we've put on offense in free agency I'm expecting a defense heavy draft. 

50 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Good point. The franchise hasn't committed to Carr other than being the QB of right now

True and I posted the video a month ago about gruden gushing over Reid picking pat so he could sit a year behind Alex. I wouldn’t put it past gruden to try that if say skyler fell to 4

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

True and I posted the video a month ago about gruden gushing over Reid picking pat so he could sit a year behind Alex. I wouldn’t put it past gruden to try that if say skyler fell to 4

Gruden is really showing his hand at being an offensive minded coach so far in FA. Wouldn't surprise me at all a QB gets picked at #4 . These FA signings show me that no matter what you have of defense, you have get an offense that can score.

Rumor has it that NFL teams gonna make it hard to grab a QB in 2020. With several QBs potentially retiring in the next year or 2, teams are set to get aggressive in the QB market soon.

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Gruden is really showing his hand at being an offensive minded coach so far in FA. Wouldn't surprise me at all a QB gets picked at #4 . These FA signings show me that no matter what you have of defense, you have get an offense that can score.

Rumor has it that NFL teams gonna make it hard to grab a QB in 2020. With several QBs potentially retiring in the next year or 2, teams are set to get aggressive in the QB market soon.

Since the beginning of the offseason, our beat writers have said that they believed Gruden would buy the offense in FA and draft the defense. What elite edge player were we getting for a 3rd/5th round pick? All of the elite edge players in FA were tagged or resigned. We could've overpaid for guys like Za'Darius Smith but there are better options in the draft with our first 4 picks. 

We have two first round picks next year too, if we want to move up and get someone we'll have the draft ammo to do it.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Since the beginning of the offseason, our beat writers have said that they believed Gruden would buy the offense in FA and draft the defense. What elite edge player were we getting for a 3rd/5th round pick? All of the elite edge players in FA were tagged or resigned. We could've overpaid for guys like Za'Darius Smith but there are better options in the draft with our first 4 picks. 

We have two first round picks next year too, if we want to move up and get someone we'll have the draft ammo to do it.

One thing we know so far is that Gruden has been unpredictable since rejoining the Raiders

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

One thing we know so far is that Gruden has been unpredictable since rejoining the Raiders

Not really. We've made a lot of calculated moves to improve the team long-term. We traded away two players that weren't contributing to winning here and due for big pay days so we could add draft capital and rebuild the team's core. 

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not really. We've made a lot of calculated moves to improve the team long-term. We traded away two players that weren't contributing to winning here and due for big pay days so we could add draft capital and rebuild the team's core. 

So what you're saying is that last year you knew we were trading Cooper and Mack after Training Camp and Mid season? 

Gruden has been "Unpredictable"

So what you're saying is that last year you knew we were trading Cooper and Mack after Training Camp and Mid season? 

Gruden has been "Unpredictable"

I'm not saying that I knew that but he hasn't really made any "shock moves" for the sake of making "shock moves." We weren't going to be competitive with Cooper and Mack and we certainly weren't going to be able to rebuild our roster if we had paid those two. He realized that we wouldn't build a winner with our current core and maximized the value of those two by adding a ton of draft capital when he traded them. 

Everything Gruden has done says that he's trying to rebuild this team to be competitive long-term. Look at our draft last year we took 2 OT, 2 DT, 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 P, and 1 WR in the 7th round. He has made it a point to try and build the team in the trenches first and I expect a similar strategy in the draft this year.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not saying that I knew that but he hasn't really made any "shock moves" for the sake of making "shock moves." We weren't going to be competitive with Cooper and Mack and we certainly weren't going to be able to rebuild our roster if we had paid those two. He realized that we wouldn't build a winner with our current core and maximized the value of those two by adding a ton of draft capital when he traded them. 

Everything Gruden has done says that he's trying to rebuild this team to be competitive long-term. Look at our draft last year we took 2 OT, 2 DT, 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 P, and 1 WR in the 7th round. He has made it a point to try and build the team in the trenches first and I expect a similar strategy in the draft this year.

Every move in the nfl can be looked at as a calucated move. I cant speak for you but us trading Mack was initially shocking. I'm sure 90% of the board was shocked when it happened

The fact is that Gruden has been unpredictable on the direction of this team so far

Every move in the nfl can be looked at as a calucated move. I cant speak for you but us trading Mack was initially shocking. I'm sure 90% of the board was shocked when it happened

The fact is that Gruden has been unpredictable on the direction of this team so far

The Raiders definitely panicked a little bit but the move put us in a much better spot. We flipped Amari Cooper, Khalil Mack, 3rd, 5th for Antonio Brown and 3 1st round picks. 

We've improved our interior DL, improved the OL, got more weapons around Carr, and have a ton of draft capital to work with. There's almost zero chance that we take Murray.