FINAL Preseason GDT: Houston @ Dallas - GAME CANCELLED!!

D82

Houston-Texans-vs-Dallas-Cowboys.jpg

Obviously, I'm sure that football is the last thing on the minds of a lot of Houstonians. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by Hurricane Harvey. 

On to football - this is usually the last chance for several bubble guys to make their case for a spot on the final roster. It will be interesting to see if guys like Rush, Noah Brown and maybe even McFadden/Morris make the cut. 

I have a number of concerns going in to this game and the season.   I really hope the three injured DB rooks make the field i also hope the staff can use This game to figure how our LB crew will pan out depth wise without Hutchins. I really think it is obvious that both Morris and McFadden make the final 53 so does A Smith not make it.  Also will Gathers be cleared to play.  Finally will Switz make the field.  The results in field are meaningless to this.   

11 hours ago, quiller said:

I have a number of concerns going in to this game and the season.   I really hope the three injured DB rooks make the field i also hope the staff can use This game to figure how our LB crew will pan out depth wise without Hutchins. I really think it is obvious that both Morris and McFadden make the final 53 so does A Smith not make it.  Also will Gathers be cleared to play.  Finally will Switz make the field.  The results in field are meaningless to this.   

Awuzie, Woods, and Switzer are all practicing and, according to Broaddus, likely to play. Lewis seems less so but has practiced, finally. Rico Gathers tweeted that he is returning soon, so I infer that he cleared protocols.

I think this makes a lot of sense, should have not waited to last minute though should have been done at once.    I am just bummed as now we have three rookies who haven't made the field in game action and we are gonna depend upon them in a major way in critical game week 1, this is a recipe for disaster.  We will have major problems unless Carrol starts showing something he didn't in preseason. I also would have liked to see Jaylon get more game action so he has a chance to be effective, he still from what I saw is not fully in the flow of the game as he is reacting rather then reading the play and getting where he needs to be as the play develops.

Archived