Golden Tate signed to 4yr deal

Giants4eva

Sheppard is a slot guy, Tate is gonna line up outside and try to stretch the field vertically with his speed. We needed something because our WRs after Shepard and Engram aren't too great. I think the Eagles couldn't figure out a way to utilize Tate when he was there. He got lost in their system.  

Power moves! Run blocking should be the #1 trait we look for in receivers because it’s going to be the Saquon show. If he could ever get past the 10 man box.  

I’m  feeling pessimistic today

3 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Sheppard is a slot guy, Tate is gonna line up outside and try to stretch the field vertically with his speed. We needed something because our WRs after Shepard and Engram aren't too great. I think the Eagles couldn't figure out a way to utilize Tate when he was there. He got lost in their system.  

That's kind of scary. Golden tate has always been a slot guy so far as I can remember. Typically like 70-80% of his snaps are out of the slot. He's not a downfield threat guy; he's a broken tackles and YAC guy. 

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Power moves! Run blocking should be the #1 trait we look for in receivers because it’s going to be the Saquon show. If he could ever get past the 10 man box.  

I’m  feeling pessimistic today

This is actually a good point. From what I recall from our games against Philly Tate is a damn good blocker

7 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Tate WAS in the slot, Agholor suffered because we moved him back outside to accommodate Tate

48 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Yeah he can try all he wants but he ain’t stretching no field.

Archived