Mike Pennel 2-year deal. Dude is huge.

DoleINGout

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/3/14/18266296/new-england-patriots-sign-free-agent-defensive-tackle-mike-pennel-new-york-jets

Says he was surprisingly not tendered by the Jets for $1 million but that's okay because the Patriots scooped him up. Hopefully this guy performs slightly better than Malcolm Brown or Danny Shelton. That's where my expectations are at.

my takeaways:

+very simply put -- strength and length

+uses his long arms to his advantage; very good at anchoring and shedding blockers

+overpowers everyone; most guards and centers are unable to stop his momentum

+seems like his Jets teammates like playing with him

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Probably becsuse his option wasn't picked up by the Jets and, well, he was on the Jets... maybe that's it?

He strikes me as a never try. Gets by on god given athleticism and it got him where he is but BB wont put up with it. 

On 3/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, DoleINGout said:

Or maybe it's the name. Sometimes names do weird thing things to peoples judgement. Like Pennel is a soft name. In football? Pennel-ty. Penalty. See? Weird man.

Like JP Losman did lose a lot and Jadeveon Clowney does like to joke around.  Bears new kicker Chris Blewitt?  We shall see....

• Like 2