49ers sign Jordan Matthews WR

49erurtaza

19 hours ago, N4L said:

I agree. He showed some good wiggle at the end of last year. Hopefully the back injury is behind him (pun intended)

I think the combination of his short area quickness with Garoppolo's lightning fast release and pinpoint accuracy is a match made in heaven 

Good thing I didn't buy a #81 jersey after his rookie season lol waiting on breida to sign an extension currently

Why do you focus on these temporary athletes... I bought jerseys that would stand the test of time, like Andy Lee's.

7 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Why do you focus on these temporary athletes... I bought jerseys that would stand the test of time, like Andy Lee's.

Because having the jersey of the best player on the team doesn't show that you aren't a 'fairweather' fan, so I like to get jerseys of hard working guys who aren't as well known but are also good players. 

If you saw someone walking down the street in an Andy Lee jersey, youd be like, damn, that guy is a loyal fan! Seeing someone in a jerry rice jersey doesn't mean that fan has suffered the way all of us on here have suffered, if that makes any sense

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Because having the jersey of the best player on the team doesn't show that you aren't a 'fairweather' fan, so I like to get jerseys of hard working guys who aren't as well known but are also good players. 

If you saw someone walking down the street in an Andy Lee jersey, youd be like, damn, that guy is a loyal fan! Seeing someone in a jerry rice jersey doesn't mean that fan has suffered the way all of us on here have suffered, if that makes any sense

Honestly, if I saw someone on the street wearing an Andy Lee jersey, first off, I'd want to high five him and call "twinsies!". Then I'd wonder if he's actually Andy Lee's brother.

But yeah, dude... I was just make fun at my own ability to choose jerseys. None of the players whose jersey I own has remained with the team for long after that. Maybe you guys should sponsor me to get a Malcolm Smith jersey. 

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Honestly, if I saw someone on the street wearing an Andy Lee jersey, first off, I'd want to high five him and call "twinsies!". Then I'd wonder if he's actually Andy Lee's brother.

But yeah, dude... I was just make fun at my own ability to choose jerseys. None of the players whose jersey I own has remained with the team for long after that. Maybe you guys should sponsor me to get a Malcolm Smith jersey. 

I forgot who, but some raider fan on the old site had a sig that said 'first jersey - Damarcus Russel, Second jersey - Darrius hayward bey, next jersey purchase will be every chief, charger, and bronco jersey' lol 

what you are talking about is certainly the risk of getting a lesser player's jersey. I have a Vernon davis jersey, a bruce miller jersey, a chris Borland jersey, and an alex smith jersey lol 

Don't do player jerseys personally, though I always wanted a Steve Young '94 throwback away jersey. Still might get one down the road. Might do a Willis jersey eventually also. Players just change teams to frequently for me to invest in a jersey honestly.

19 minutes ago, N4L said:

I forgot who, but some raider fan on the old site had a sig that said 'first jersey - Damarcus Russel, Second jersey - Darrius hayward bey, next jersey purchase will be every chief, charger, and bronco jersey' lol 

what you are talking about is certainly the risk of getting a lesser player's jersey. I have a Vernon davis jersey, a bruce miller jersey, a chris Borland jersey, and an alex smith jersey lol 

Lesser... Andy Lee is a legend! Then I also have an Alex, and then an Aldon jersey. Didn't really go for lesser players. They were bad picks all the same. And I have a blank Team Canada hockey jersey. For the eternal win.

Actually picked up my first niners Jersey right after Christmas. There weren't alot of niners jerseys selling at that time in the midwest so I picked up an official Jimmy G with the sewn on patches for like $70. I wanted a black one, ended up with a red one.

25 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Decent read. The author and myself both see Matthews helping us most in the red-zone. I like his fit in the slot when we're inside the 20 especially.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/jordan-matthews-may-be-answer-49ers-red-zone-problems

Our RZ issues more than anything are scheme based. The type of plays Shanny runs in the RZ just don't work. Like running pitch plays and not having a power run game of any sort spells trouble. 

Will be interesting to see how in year three Shanny adjusts to the RZ failures. Only time his RZ offense has looked good during his tenure here was the last few weeks of 2017.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our RZ issues more than anything are scheme based. The type of plays Shanny runs in the RZ just don't work. Like running pitch plays and not having a power run game of any sort spells trouble. 

Will be interesting to see how in year three Shanny adjusts to the RZ failures. Only time his RZ offense has looked good during his tenure here was the last few weeks of 2017.

It's incredible to think that the only coach who has been able to put together a "good" red zone offense in the last decade here was chip Kelly

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's incredible to think that the only coach who has been able to put together a "good" red zone offense in the last decade here was chip Kelly

But what he does is work. Read option plays and the way he spreads it out and runs those crossers are perfect in the RZ. Shanny's offense up until the 20 with Chip Kelly's RZ offense would make for the best offense in the league lol. 

Though, 2016 Atlanta was #10 in RZ offense and half the teams in front of them were not good offensive teams (to my recollection). But it is concerning that we don't have a better RZ offense and I think some of it's schematic. I also think a good portion of it is just bad QB play too. 

Just now, John232 said:

Though, 2016 Atlanta was #10 in RZ offense and half the teams in front of them were not good offensive teams (to my recollection). But it is concerning that we don't have a better RZ offense and I think some of it's schematic. I also think a good portion of it is just bad QB play too. 

But even just being #10 with how GREAT their offense was that year is a bit disappointing. Like that offense was a machine and you would think they would have been a top 5 RZ offense. 

I can't stress enough the lack of power run game down in the RZ and how much it hurts us. You better be able to run through the tackles in that area of the field. 

Now I'm curious to see how Shanny's offenses as a whole for his OC career have finished in the RZ? Thinking maybe the Houston teams were top 10 a time or two? 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now I'm curious to see how Shanny's offenses as a whole for his OC career have finished in the RZ? Thinking maybe the Houston teams were top 10 a time or two? 

You'd be incorrect. They finished 26th and 13th his two years there as OC from what I see. 

21st, 29th, 4th, 21st with Washington.

24th with Cleveland.

I have 18th and 8th with Atlanta (not 10th)

27th and 32nd with us. 

This is for red zone touchdown percentage

Archived