49ers sign Jordan Matthews WR

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

You'd be incorrect. They finished 26th and 13th his two years there as OC from what I see. 

21st, 29th, 4th, 21st with Washington.

24th with Cleveland.

I have 18th and 8th with Atlanta (not 10th)

27th and 32nd with us. 

This is for red zone touchdown percentage

So see this is a schematic problem more than anything. The year he was 4th in Washington I'm guessing was the RG3 rookie season? If so, he ran a completely different offense and obviously they used a whole a lot of read option offense. 

So to think Matthews will help our RZ woes is wishful thinking. Until Shanny adjusts then expect the same ole same ole. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So see this is a schematic problem more than anything. The year he was 4th in Washington I'm guessing was the RG3 rookie season? If so, he ran a completely different offense and obviously they used a whole a lot of read option offense. 

Correct. 2012. Very clear outlier

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Correct. 2012. Very clear outlier

But that also shows why Chip Kelly was so successful in the RZ. Man, running that zone read is such a weapon. Obviously Packers/Patriots get top RZ rankings without running it much but it's a big help nonetheless. 

Shanny will need to try to isolate Kittle and give him one on one situations to make plays. Kittle is awesome but he doesn't make many contested catches nor does he win those one on one situations like say a Kelce does. That's the next step for him to reaching greatness. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But that also shows why Chip Kelly was so successful in the RZ. Man, running that zone read is such a weapon. Obviously Packers/Patriots get top RZ rankings without running it much but it's a big help nonetheless. 

Shanny will need to try to isolate Kittle and give him one on one situations to make plays. Kittle is awesome but he doesn't make many contested catches nor does he win those one on one situations like say a Kelce does. That's the next step for him to reaching greatness. 

Either that, or go the Ertz route and find ways of creating space through route running and finding holes in zones. I'm fine either way, but if he wants to be the best in the league, he's going to need to find a way to be a bigger threat down there, that's for sure. 

Archived