Jump to content
Cheech

Depth Chartin'

Recommended Posts

I just wanted to check out where the depth chart was at in order to predict what might still happen in UFA and how that might impact the draft.  The guys that are bolded I wouldn't bat an eye if they were on the final 53.  The rest are guys gunning for a few spots.  Right now I have 44 that I would start the season with.  Of course, nothing is given.  Williams could be cut tomorrow if they find a FS replacement.  Lewis is no sure thing to make the final 53.  I still find it interesting, though, that with 10 draft picks in hand, this roster is very close to being balanced and a roster with very few glaring holes.  

I could easily see another safety added as well as (hopefully) Breeland at CB.  I'd take Matthews back for ILB/EDGE depth in a heartbeat.  I love how the moves made on Tuesday have opened the draft up substantially.  I still hope that we can get an EDGE, TE, and S in the first 3 picks - just because it seems like the talent is there in the top 50.  But now I really wouldn't be terribly upset if CB, DL, or OT taken on Day 1 or 2 either.  

 

Offense: 22

QB: Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle

WR: Adams, Allison, MVS, EQ, Kumerow, Moore, Davis, Lazard

TE: Graham, Lewis, Tonyan, Draft pick

RB: Jones, Williams, Vitale, Draft pickCarson, Bibs

OT: DB, Bulaga, Spriggs, Light, Draft pick

IOL: Taylor, Linsley, Turner, McCrayDraft pick, Patrick, Pankey, Sarigusa

 

Defense: 19

IDL: Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Lancaster, Adams, Looney, Simon

EDGE: Smith, Smith, Fackrell, Draft pick, Draft pick, Gilbert, Brown, Donnerson

ILB: Martinez, Burks, Crawford, Draft pick

CB: Alexander, King, Jackson, Brown, Draft pick, Jamerson, Redmond

S: Amos, Williams, J Jones, Greene, Draft pick, Draft pick

 

ST: Scott, Crosby, Bradley  (3)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do we currently have that can play center?

Is Linsley a lonely man? Has/can McCray play there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB: Aaron Rodgers | DeShone Kizer | Tim Boyle 
RB: Aaron Jones | Jamaal Williams | Kapri Bibbs | Tra Carson | Lavon Coleman | Dan Vitale (FB) | Malcolm Johnson (FB) 
WR: Davante Adams | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Equanimeous St. Brown | Geronimo Allison | J'Mon Moore | Jake Kumerow | Trevor Davis | Allen Lazard | Teo Redding 
TE: Jimmy Graham | Marcedes Lewis | Robert Tonyan Jr. | Evan Baylis 
OL: David Bakhtiari | Bryan Bulaga | Corey Linsley | Lane Taylor | Billy Turner | Jason Spirggs | Lucas Patrick | Justin McCray | Nico Siragusa | Alex Light | Gerhard de Beer | Anthony Coyle | (Cole Madison)

DL: Kenny Clark | Mike Daniels | Dean Lowry | Tyler Lancaster | Montravius Adams | Fadol Brown | James Looney | Deon Simon 
EDGE: Preston Smith | Za'Darius Smith | Kyler Fackrell | Reggie Gilbert | Kendall Donnerson | Brady Sheldon | Eric Cotton
ILB: Blake Martinez | Oren Burks | James Crawford 
CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Josh Jackson | Tony Brown | Natrell Jamerson | Will Redmond 
S: Adrian Amos | Tramon Williams | Josh Jones | Raven Greene | Tray Matthews | Jason Thompson 

ST: Mason Crosby | JK Scott | Hunter Bradley 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

69 players on roster. 

21 open spots. 

ha, 69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheech said:

I just wanted to check out where the depth chart was at in order to predict what might still happen in UFA and how that might impact the draft.  The guys that are bolded I wouldn't bat an eye if they were on the final 53.  The rest are guys gunning for a few spots.  Right now I have 44 that I would start the season with.  Of course, nothing is given.  Williams could be cut tomorrow if they find a FS replacement.  Lewis is no sure thing to make the final 53.  I still find it interesting, though, that with 10 draft picks in hand, this roster is very close to being balanced and a roster with very few glaring holes.  

I could easily see another safety added as well as (hopefully) Breeland at CB.  I'd take Matthews back for ILB/EDGE depth in a heartbeat.  I love how the moves made on Tuesday have opened the draft up substantially.  I still hope that we can get an EDGE, TE, and S in the first 3 picks - just because it seems like the talent is there in the top 50.  But now I really wouldn't be terribly upset if CB, DL, or OT taken on Day 1 or 2 either.  

 

Offense: 22

QB: Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle

WR: Adams, Allison, MVS, EQ, Kumerow, Moore, Davis, Lazard

TE: Graham, Lewis, Tonyan, Draft pick

RB: Jones, Williams, Vitale, Draft pickCarson, Bibs

OT: DB, Bulaga, Spriggs, Light, Draft pick

IOL: Taylor, Linsley, Turner, McCrayDraft pick, Patrick, Pankey, Sarigusa

 

Defense: 19

IDL: Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Lancaster, Adams, Looney, Simon

EDGE: Smith, Smith, Fackrell, Draft pick, Draft pick, Gilbert, Brown, Donnerson

ILB: Martinez, Burks, Crawford, Draft pick

CB: Alexander, King, Jackson, Brown, Draft pick, Jamerson, Redmond

S: Amos, Williams, J Jones, Greene, Draft pick, Draft pick

 

ST: Scott, Crosby, Bradley  (3)

 

Exactly how I like to look at the off season.   What is the total "take" and how does it build the team.   Nicely done.   I do hope they draft several / maybe THREE offensive linemen for depth.  Even if in mid to late rounds of draft....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starchisaga said:

Exactly how I like to look at the off season.   What is the total "take" and how does it build the team.   Nicely done.   I do hope they draft several / maybe THREE offensive linemen for depth.  Even if in mid to late rounds of draft....   

Three? There isn't even a clear path to playing time for one guy, let alone three. The turner signing means there isn't a starting role, and with Spriggs still the swing tackle, I'll be pissed if we spend three picks on the line when we have numerous holes elsewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

Three? There isn't even a clear path to playing time for one guy, let alone three. The turner signing means there isn't a starting role, and with Spriggs still the swing tackle, I'll be pissed if we spend three picks on the line when we have numerous holes elsewhere

Is there any hope in Cole Madison at this point? Never really heard what was going on with him but I'm not counting on him ever reporting. Sucks because the kid is talented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is there any hope in Cole Madison at this point? Never really heard what was going on with him but I'm not counting on him ever reporting. Sucks because the kid is talented.

had a strong feeling he was gonna be really good. i doubt it at this point though, yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FinneasGage said:

had a strong feeling he was gonna be really good. i doubt it at this point though, yeah. 

Dude was a mauler at Wazzu. Think he'd really like playing for LaFleur. Sucks but thus is life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is there any hope in Cole Madison at this point? Never really heard what was going on with him but I'm not counting on him ever reporting. Sucks because the kid is talented.

Last I heard he's not coming back. I had forgotten all about him tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madison is dealing with the suicide of his college QB/friend who shot himself due to CTE symptoms.  It was before the draft and he attended OTA's but after finding out about the CTE he is questioning his desire to play.  Agent said last year plan was to still play, but still no new news on the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

QB: Aaron Rodgers | DeShone Kizer | Tim Boyle 
RB: Aaron Jones | Jamaal Williams | Kapri Bibbs | Tra Carson | Lavon Coleman | Dan Vitale (FB) | Malcolm Johnson (FB) 
WR: Davante Adams | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Equanimeous St. Brown | Geronimo Allison | J'Mon Moore | Jake Kumerow | Trevor Davis | Allen Lazard | Teo Redding 
TE: Jimmy Graham | Marcedes Lewis | Robert Tonyan Jr. | Evan Baylis 
OL: David Bakhtiari | Bryan Bulaga | Corey Linsley | Lane Taylor | Billy Turner | Jason Spirggs | Lucas Patrick | Justin McCray | Nico Siragusa | Alex Light | Gerhard de Beer | Anthony Coyle | (Cole Madison)

DL: Kenny Clark | Mike Daniels | Dean Lowry | Tyler Lancaster | Montravius Adams | Fadol Brown | James Looney | Deon Simon 
EDGE: Preston Smith | Za'Darius Smith | Kyler Fackrell | Reggie Gilbert | Kendall Donnerson | Brady Sheldon | Eric Cotton
ILB: Blake Martinez | Oren Burks | James Crawford 
CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Josh Jackson | Tony Brown | Natrell Jamerson | Will Redmond 
S: Adrian Amos | Tramon Williams | Josh Jones | Raven Greene | Tray Matthews | Jason Thompson 

ST: Mason Crosby | JK Scott | Hunter Bradley 

I would unbold Marcedes and bold Spriggs, but other than that I agree.

EDIT: Posted this before seeing that 2.1M contract for Marcedes... I guess bolding him is correct

Edited by Packer_ESP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Who do we currently have that can play center?

Is Linsley a lonely man? Has/can McCray play there?

Patrick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×