Jordy cut

Pugger

It's crazy what is considered great production when it involves a Packer and what is considered terrible when it isn't a Packer.  Jordy is done, needs to retire and not worthy of a NFL roster spot but a 3 catch Marcedes Lewis at 2 million dollars is a great decision.  

Right now, I'm not ready to add him.  I'd wait to see what happens in the draft.  If we don't add a WR during the draft and he's still available I'd be open too it.  While his play is certainly slipping, he was better and substantially more productive than any WR we've got on the roster not named Adams.  He was a lot better last year than some are making him out to be given the terrible situation in Oakland.  

I'd be open to adding him after the draft if we don't add a WR.   Currently, we don't have a slot WR.  Down the stretch in 2017, our offense was damn near unstoppable when he was moved to the slot for the majority of his snaps.  Moving him to the slot was something I wanted us to do last off-season when we pretty clearly cut the wrong WR.  

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's crazy what is considered great production when it involves a Packer and what is considered terrible when it isn't a Packer.  Jordy is done, needs to retire and not worthy of a NFL roster spot but a 3 catch Marcedes Lewis at 2 million dollars is a great decision.  

I get the sarcasm and agree with you.  I hope that we draft a TE, or Tonyan shows that he can block enough to cut Lewis.  I just don't want that on the field.  Teams know what is coming.  It is a head scratcher.

Imo, it would be counterproductive to bring Jordy back. Don't we want Rodgers to step outside his comfort zone with this regime change?.... He needs to start trusting and working within the confines of the system instead of only looking at two receivers that he trusts. 

and FTR, I love Jordy. He's my favorite Packers receiver of all-time. 

Just now, BlondeonBlonde said:

Imo, it would be counterproductive to bring Jordy back. Don't we want Rodgers to step outside his comfort zone with this regime change?.... He needs to start trusting and working within the confines of the system instead of only looking at two receivers that he trusts. 

This is a really good point, but I don't trust Rodgers to do that.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

What would your WR lineup look like then?

Assuming we add Jordy instead of a rookie.

Adams  and Allison,/MVS staring on the outside with Nelson in the slot.  ESB and Moore would be our primary reserves with hope that Moore can return kicks (he's got the athleticism).

While Kumerow was better than Moore last year, I'm not keeping the 27 year old who needed 4 years in the NFL before he was able to register his first catch.  Nelson has much more immediate upside and the 3 sophomores have future upside.  

Where adding Nelson instead of a rookie would screw us is if non of the sophomores take the huge step people assume forwards and Allison either isn't the high end starter some think he is or he gets overpaid in Free Agency next off season.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get the sarcasm and agree with you.  I hope that we draft a TE, or Tonyan shows that he can block enough to cut Lewis.  I just don't want that on the field.  Teams know what is coming.  It is a head scratcher.

Although the new and improved NFL offense is full of bells and whistle deception, motion and people running around in circles - lets not forget the tried and true: regardless whether teams know whats coming - if you implement it properly - you succeed. Remember Vince: "Create a block here......a block here.....and run the ball up the alley" Everybody knew it was coming - yet it came and succeeded.

Our offense was "off" in a lot of ways (and for a lot of reasons......) - none of which (IMO) was because our player packages were a tell to the defense. Its because our player packages (read: players) failed to implement the play (or their will) on the defense.

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

Assuming we add Jordy instead of a rookie.

Adams  and Allison,/MVS staring on the outside with Nelson in the slot.  ESB and Moore would be our primary reserves with hope that Moore can return kicks (he's got the athleticism).

While Kumerow was better than Moore last year, I'm not keeping the 27 year old who needed 4 years in the NFL before he was able to register his first catch.  Nelson has much more immediate upside and the 3 sophomores have future upside.  

Where adding Nelson instead of a rookie would screw us is if non of the sophomores take the huge step people assume forwards and Allison either isn't the high end starter some think he is or he gets overpaid in Free Agency next off season.

I think we've got the talent at WR now - but not opposed to adding talent. Never opposed to that.

Just throw them the damn ball.

Add on: Scale back the route trees. Dont be flying down field when 5 yards will do. (There's a reason Brady's "boring" offense racks up the first downs and yards). Revive the running game. Get balance to our offense - and get AR to throw them the damn ball.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

New HC. New "You do what I want you to do" attitude.
I'm sick of this AR runs the offense mentality.
He changes plays.
Refuses to throw to people he doesnt "trust"
Hangs on to the ball way too long.

Just get him to throw the ball.
Let the receivers work on YAC.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. If he buys in he'll likely extend his career a couple years and won't be subjected to as much injury risk. I love Rodgers ability when a play breaks down, but that's kind of become the offense the past several years. Stay in the pocket, go through your progressions, and use that element as a last resort. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Then we have bigger problems than just WR talent, and will never win anything with him again, but I know you already know that. 

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

New HC. New "You do what I want you to do" attitude.
I'm sick of this AR runs the offense mentality.
He changes plays.
Refuses to throw to people he doesnt "trust"
Hangs on to the ball way too long.

Just get him to throw the ball.
Let the receivers work on YAC.

To be fair, I think McCarthy helped create this monster. By all accounts, LaFluer is more willing to scheme guys open and "take what the defense gives you."

Archived