Jordy cut

Pugger

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

You say 740 yards for Jordy is a good season, and then say 580 from MVS makes you uncomfortable. A literal 10 YPG. I don't get how over such a minimal difference.  

Jordy was on Oakland with Gruden and Carr. MVS had a future HOF qb. There are are also things chemistry wise in the red zone Jordy would help on

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

The Packers ring of honor?  

Sterling Sharpe should be in both tbh due to his elite caliber of play.  

Is there one name on the Ring of Honor at Lambeau not in the NFL HOF?

6 hours ago, Packer Dave said:

And reciever is hard to get in the Hall of Fame, and Driver is not Hall of Fame worthy.  OK would you put Charles Woodson in the Ring of Fame when he goes in the HOF?

Yes.   

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Jordy was on Oakland with Gruden and Carr. MVS had a future HOF qb. There are are also things chemistry wise in the red zone Jordy would help on

This is why there was literally nothing MVS could have done to be considered for anything by some fans. It's Jordy or bust always. MVS had a good year for a rookie? HOF QB is the absolute only reason.

It's just not gonna happen with Jordy I'm afraid.  I just hope Gute sent him a text like,

"Sorry about cutting you, but stay in shape and if we run out of receivers from now to midseason we'd love for you to come back for a swan song season." 

6 hours ago, Packer Dave said:

And reciever is hard to get in the Hall of Fame, and Driver is not Hall of Fame worthy.  OK would you put Charles Woodson in the Ring of Fame when he goes in the HOF?

It is close. I still kind of consider him a Raider. With that said though, his accolades rival Reggie’s.

Just now, pacman5252 said:

It is close. I still kind of consider him a Raider. With that said though, his accolades rival Reggie’s.

I agree.  Will come off as blasphemy here because of how iconic Reggie's time was here (he helped create the Lambeau Leap). 

However, White had 68.5 sacks with us (113.5 elsewhere).

Charles Woodson made his Hall of Fame career in Green Bay. 

Woodson ended his career with 20 sacks, 65 interceptions and 11 (defensive) touchdowns.

11.5 of those sacks came in Green Bay, so did 37 of his interceptions and 9 of his touchdowns. 

That in and of itself for a cornerback is a Hall of Fame career. 

11.5 sacks, 37 interceptions, 9 touchdowns?  In 7 seasons? 

Charles Woodson is the closest non-Rodgers Packer since 2000 to belong in the Ring of Honor.  He shouldn't be there, but he's the closest. 

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree.  Will come off as blasphemy here because of how iconic Reggie's time was here (he helped create the Lambeau Leap). 

However, White had 68.5 sacks with us (113.5 elsewhere).

Charles Woodson made his Hall of Fame career in Green Bay. 

Woodson ended his career with 20 sacks, 65 interceptions and 11 (defensive) touchdowns.

11.5 of those sacks came in Green Bay, so did 37 of his interceptions and 9 of his touchdowns. 

That in and of itself for a cornerback is a Hall of Fame career. 

11.5 sacks, 37 interceptions, 9 touchdowns?  In 7 seasons? 

Charles Woodson is the closest non-Rodgers Packer since 2000 to belong in the Ring of Honor.  He shouldn't be there, but he's the closest. 

Also 1X DPOY

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

This is why there was literally nothing MVS could have done to be considered for anything by some fans. It's Jordy or bust always. MVS had a good year for a rookie? HOF QB is the absolute only reason.

I don’t hate MVS. I just don’t think he played good enough to get anointed the a number 2 job (same with EQ... don’t get me started on Ally and Kumerow). He had some production and a few moments, but there were a lot of downs too

-5 game stretch the second half of the year averaging 12 yards and 1-2 catches, when he should have been improving

-AR’s passer rating dropped 30 points targeting him

-graded wr 93 on pff (Jordy 47)

There was flash, but a lot of warts. Could he improve...Absolutely. Do I want to bank on it? Absolutely not. I’d feel better if EQ, ally, MVS were wr 3-5,I know we won’t but bringing in Jordy on a 1 year makes so much sense. He can still play, knows Rodgers, with a vet we don’t need to burn a pick

14 hours ago, Packer Dave said:

Absolutely would put Woodson in bcuz Reggie is already in it.  I didn’t say anything about Driver but as much as I was a fan, he wasn’t even remotely in Sharpe’s league. I haven’t looked but I would imagine Jordy’s numbers are superior too. 

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

Is there one name on the Ring of Honor at Lambeau not in the NFL HOF?

Apparently not but that’s stupid imo.  You might as well have Canton build you a small room for those Packers players since that seems to be the bar. 

39 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Absolutely would put Woodson in bcuz Reggie is already in it.  I didn’t say anything about Driver but as much as I was a fan, he wasn’t even remotely in Sharpe’s league. I haven’t looked but I would imagine Jordy’s numbers are superior too. 

IIRC Driver is the all time leader in receptions and yards as a Packer. Think he's ~200 catches and ~2000 yards ahead of Jordy's totals. 

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Apparently not but that’s stupid imo.  You might as well have Canton build you a small room for those Packers players since that seems to be the bar. 

I have no issue with putting up only NLF HOF members on the Ring.  The Packers have their team HOF and players like Driver and Jordy are perfect for that honor.

Archived