Consensus Mock Draft - Post Combine - Pick 2 - San Francisco 49ers

Danger

Who will the 49ers take with the 2nd overall pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. -First Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • EDGE Nick Bosa
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • Other (Specify)
  2. 2. -Second Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • EDGE Nick Bosa
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • Other (Specify)
  3. 3. -Third Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • EDGE Nick Bosa
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • Other (Specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/16/2019 at 04:00 PM

Going to adopt the "1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice" method. Meaning your first choice is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is worth 1. Please do not select the same player multiple times in one selection. If you do, only the highest value will be taken for that and the lower duplicate votes will be discounted.

1. Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB - Oklahoma
2. San Francisco 49ers:

More options will be added in later picks. If after 20+ votes the selection is clearly one person as the favorite we will move on to the next pick. Otherwise It will be ~24 hours before the poll closes. If there are 2/3 options that are close, there will be a runoff. This is who you think they WILL pick, not who they SHOULD pick.

32 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Its obviously Bosa 1st, then Josh Allen 2nd to play SAM, but 3rd I got Clelin Ferrell. I think Ferrell might be the best pass rusher in this class when its all said and done. 

But do you think the 49ers are actually going to take Ferrell at #3? This is about what you think that they would do, not what you yourself would do. 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Bosa

Quinnen

Allen

This. I think Bosa is the pick if he is there. At worst, he's #2 on the big board I think (its possible that they would have Williams 1, but still go with Bosa given its still a bigger need on the edge). If Bosa is gone, I think the team will pick Quinnen and just try and figure it out as they go with what to do with the bodies (and we could see a trade of Solomon / Armstead later in the draft similar to what they did with McG / Trent Brown last year), and finally Allen. I just don't know how high they are on Allen; positionally, he makes sense. Could essentially flex between SAM + Edge, both positions of need for the 49ers, but it will largely come down to how they feel about him as a pass rusher to warrant a selection.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

This. I think Bosa is the pick if he is there. At worst, he's #2 on the big board I think (its possible that they would have Williams 1, but still go with Bosa given its still a bigger need on the edge). If Bosa is gone, I think the team will pick Quinnen and just try and figure it out as they go with what to do with the bodies (and we could see a trade of Solomon / Armstead later in the draft similar to what they did with McG / Trent Brown last year), and finally Allen. I just don't know how high they are on Allen; positionally, he makes sense. Could essentially flex between SAM + Edge, both positions of need for the 49ers, but it will largely come down to how they feel about him as a pass rusher to warrant a selection.

I'll be honest, I have this feeling that the NFL isn't nearly as high on Josh Allen as draftniks are.  I think we like him quite a bit more, and wouldn't be surprised if he "slipped" into that 6-10 range.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

But do you think the 49ers are actually going to take Ferrell at #3? This is about what you think that they would do, not what you yourself would do. 

If it were up to me I would have it in the reverse order I posted. 

Normally, I'd look at the DL the Niners have already assembled and think that it's just too crowded for Quinnen.  But neither Armstead or Buckner are Lynch picks so far as I can recall, but at least Buckner has shown out at this point.  Meanwhile Solomon Thomas (who is a Lynch draft pick) has crapped out as an EDGE.  Buckner's earned loyalty.  Thomas is probably going to get more loyalty than Armstead is.  And Quinnen is a generational blue chipper.  Q is the smarter pick.

23 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'll be honest, I have this feeling that the NFL isn't nearly as high on Josh Allen as draftniks are.  I think we like him quite a bit more, and wouldn't be surprised if he "slipped" into that 6-10 range.

I'm not going to lie, I know that exact feeling you are talking about with regards to Allen. I agree with you

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm not going to lie, I know that exact feeling you are talking about with regards to Allen. I agree with you

If I'm being truthful, I agree with both of you guys. 

On 3/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, Rich7sena said:

I think Quinnen will be the pick with the team trading for Ford. I was under the impression Armstead did a nice job at end last season.

Ford - Buckner - Williams - Armstead

Lol so much for improving our pass rush. 

Bosa or Allen.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:32 PM, CWood21 said:

No problem...it wouldn't be the 1st time NFL teams were wrong. 

Archived