K Hunt suspended 8 Games

mistakey

Me likey. I thought it was gonna be 10 games and he would appeal it back to 6 or 8 so I'm not mad at this at all. I understand him wanting to just take the punishment and not drawl it out with an appeal but if he did I'm somewhat in the thinking he could have get it knocked down to 6 games but once again I understand why he didn't. Can't wait to see the 2 RB sets with Hunt, Chubb, Odel, and Juice all on the field together. That is definitely a pick your poison formation with both RB's being good at catching the ball in the backfield. 

50 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I thought that we have an option to keep him for a second year. I'm sure that I heard something to the effect.

Either way, it's awesome news.

He is a RFA next year so we can tender him and get a decent pick or Sign him for a very friendly deal. 

If he was popped for 10 or more Games he would have been an exclusive rights RFA and could have been signed for a minimum contract and the following year he would have been a regular RFA. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He is a RFA next year so we can tender him and get a decent pick or Sign him for a very friendly deal. 

If he was popped for 10 or more Games he would have been an exclusive rights RFA and could have been signed for a minimum contract and the following year he would have been a regular RFA. 

We still have the right to 1st refusal though right? I never knew there was 2 kinds of RFA tbh

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Thanks for clearing that up. This allows us to protect both him and Chubb for the next few years for deep playoff runs. :P I think that we can still use Duke enough to justify keeping him too.

Excellent kareem

hunt back just as we go back to division play I am so excited I may predict 8wins

zero losses with him back can you imagine the phone calls Dorsey gets with 2,

sixteen hundred yard backs for next years draft we will be stacked with picks if he chooses to trade

I am still shopping Duke. Say we get a fourth rounder for him. We are going to be perfectly fine in the slot receiver position without him. At running back - not so much. I use that fourth rounder on one of these three - LJ Scott of Michigan State, Mike Weber of Ohio State, or Devine Ozigbo of Nebraska. They will back up Chubb in Weeks 1-8. When Hunt is eligible in Week 9, you make the decision if you want to keep the drafted player or Dontrell Hilliard.

2 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I am still shopping Duke. Say we get a fourth rounder for him. We are going to be perfectly fine in the slot receiver position without him. At running back - not so much. I use that fourth rounder on one of these three - LJ Scott of Michigan State, Mike Weber of Ohio State, or Devine Ozigbo of Nebraska. They will back up Chubb in Weeks 1-8. When Hunt is eligible in Week 9, you make the decision if you want to keep the drafted player or Dontrell Hilliard.

Mann if we’re gonna do that why just not keep Duke?

so we’re going to get rid of a RB who is a perfect compliment to Chubb and on a cheap contract to draft a RB who we don’t even know is good? 

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

so we’re going to get rid of a RB who is a perfect compliment to Chubb and on a cheap contract to draft a RB who we don’t even know is good? 

Agree, no need to shop Duke for a 4th rounder. His value to the team is worth more than that to the Browns. 

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Absolutely.

Though I could see doing something like this...

Shop duke for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Use that to upgrade other positions.  Draft Bryce Love in the 5th or 6th to replace Duke.

You do this to have a KR/PR as your 3rd string RB.  A good compliment to Chubb.  A good value pick.  And MUCH cheaper than dukes contract...

7 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Absolutely.

Though I could see doing something like this...

Shop duke for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Use that to upgrade other positions.  Draft Bryce Love in the 5th or 6th to replace Duke.

You do this to have a KR/PR as your 3rd string RB.  A good compliment to Chubb.  A good value pick.  And MUCH cheaper than dukes contract...

I could see using a later pick for sure

but not the same pick 😂 like what 

Archived