Titans release Josh Kline

titans0021

16 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

What if we drafted Bradbury and Lindstrom in 1st 2 rounds lol

Need dline too bad probably tho : <

Yeah.  I would think getting some help on the defensive line and at pass rusher would be the priority.  You can get a serviceable guard in the third round pretty easily, but we definitely don't want to go into 2019 with Correa or Finch as our third pass rusher, especially since Wake probably can't play at a high level as a fulltime starter and Landry is unproven.

59 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

How you that Conklin pride is too big to play Guard, he seems every bit of a team 1st guy & last I check that’s what John Robinson & Vrabel preach Team 1st guys. If Conklin is smart he’ll accept trying to at least make the change to Guard because He’s coming off a down year & if we pick up his option that’s a guaranteed 9 mill next yr with a chance to increase his value. OG are just as important in football as OT now, do to quick passing games.

yeah I'm wondering why he thinks that also? Conk has never seems like that type of guy, not from what ive seen or read from him at least... like its been mentioned tho, where they go early in the draft will determine how they feel. I personally think we have a good crop of o linemen on the roster right now to put out a pro bowl type line right now

4 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

yeah I'm wondering why he thinks that also? Conk has never seems like that type of guy, not from what ive seen or read from him at least... like its been mentioned tho, where they go early in the draft will determine how they feel. I personally think we have a good crop of o linemen on the roster right now to put out a pro bowl type line right now

A guy that rushes back 7-8 months from an ACL tear shows all about his ego 

17 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I think you're reaching with that one bruh

How am I reaching I’m saying that he’s a team 1st guy. An ACL injury unless your Adrian Peterson usually takes 9-12 months of rehab the guy worked his butt off to help his brothers. He could’ve played till he felt he was as close to a 100% 

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t see either one of Conklin or Kelly moving to OG. Kelly isn’t a natural fit and will get bullied by bigger DL. Conklin’s pride is too big to play a “lesser” position. Plus Robinson and Vrabel have already said both are OTs. Conklin needs to have a talk with Saffold because honestly I think his career could go downhill if he continues to play OT. Sure he was coming back from an injury last year but I do remember him getting a ton of help from TEs his rookie year. Not saying he can’t play OT but I think he’d be better at OG.

Maybe he prefers tackle but he'll never be the LT on this team unless there's a major injury to 77. Also, guessing that his bank account will weigh more than his pride if he moves to guard and does well. Whether it's with us or elsewhere, he could make more at guard than right tackle potentially.  The FA market for premiere guards the last few years has been hot. RT's not so much.

At this time, I don’t think there is a Free Agent Guard that is even at the level (sub optimal) of Josh Kline. Really the only Guard I can think of would be Josh Sitton. I wouldn’t mind having him fill in for a year instead of drafting a Guard in Round 1 of the draft. If not Sitton, then I really think Titans think hard about Conklin shifting to Guard. Having Saffold here now would help with learning the nuances of the transition from T to G.

18 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

At this time, I don’t think there is a Free Agent Guard that is even at the level (sub optimal) of Josh Kline. Really the only Guard I can think of would be Josh Sitton. I wouldn’t mind having him fill in for a year instead of drafting a Guard in Round 1 of the draft. If not Sitton, then I really think Titans think hard about Conklin shifting to Guard. Having Saffold here now would help with learning the nuances of the transition from T to G.

You know we can draft someone that isn’t in the 1st right? Conklin is not moving to OG. The team has said numerous times that Conklin and Kelly are OTs. Certainly can find someone in the 4th to compete for RG with Pamphile. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

This is the best move of the off-season in my opinion.

Conklins not moving to guard. I think people underestimate what it takes to make that transition. 

I imagine a competition between Kevin Pamphile and a rookie to be the left guard

True that is a tough transition, but the Titans are going to see if he’s capable of making the switch. The Titans are ready to put the best OL on the field & we got to find out which 1 of the 2 we’ll be keeping between kelly & Conklin in the future.

Archived