Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NYRaider

Raiders sign WR J.J. Nelson

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Al Davis possessed Gruden, lookin like a track team again. Track team with talent though. 

Yea, the difference Brown, Williams and to a lesser extent Nelson, are not only fast but good. Our O sure is going to be more explosive next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea, the difference Brown, Williams and to a lesser extent Nelson, are not only fast but good. Our O sure is going to be more explosive next year.

Need a RB that’s good and not old man Lynch, Martin, or one dimensional Richard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Need a RB that’s good and not old man Lynch, Martin, or one dimensional Richard.

Assuming our OL is better a RB by committee approach with Lynch/Martin, Warren, and Richard should be solid. We can't fill every hole in one offseason and RB's have very short shelf lives in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So we replaced Jordy with JJ....either way we were going to have a J. Nelson on the squad :D....he might as well keep the #82 make the transition seemless

Edited by Madleg81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Madleg81 said:

So we replaced Jordy with JJ....either way were going to have a J. Nelson on the squad :D....he might as well keep the #82 make the transition seemless

“We’re on a budget, here’s your used jersey”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

“We’re on a budget, here’s your used jersey”

LOL!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Madleg81 said:

So we replaced Jordy with JJ....either way we were going to have a J. Nelson on the squad :D....he might as well keep the #82 make the transition seemless

Besides the complexion you can hardly notice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CerealKiller said:

Besides the complexion you can hardly notice

One guy runs a 4.2 and the other guy runs a 4.7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like our WR group now. Maybe scoop one up in the draft when value presents itself too. Brown, Williams, Nelson, Roberts, Ateman, Rookie has the potential to be nice, Still wouldn't be best in the NFL like Gruden wants but a good improvement none the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayock and Gruden have done everything they can to help Carr be successful again. I kinda figured Gruden would want a veteran offense. Now I fully expect the Raiders to rebuild the defense through the draft. If they hit on these picks the Raiders can have a really nice young foundation on defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Nelson a true slot guy though? I could see us using a fourth on a true slot receiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Mayock and Gruden have done everything they can to help Carr be successful again.

I look at this differently. A bunch of guys  who can stretch the field. And Carr is a pretty poor deep ball passer.

Sure it can help carr, But if he can't get the offense working downfield All these new toys could be different quarterback in 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I look at this differently. A bunch of guys  who can stretch the field. And Carr is a pretty poor deep ball passer.

Sure it can help carr, But if he can't get the offense working downfield All these new toys could be different quarterback in 2020

Having Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, and JJ Nelson at WR will certainly help Carr more than having Jordy Nelson, Seth Roberts, and Brandon LaFell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Having Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, and JJ Nelson at WR will certainly help Carr more than having Jordy Nelson, Seth Roberts, and Brandon LaFell. 

Obviously. These guys are known for stretching the field and Carr isn't known for his deep ball. Even in 2016, his breakout year, he was not an efficient passer downfield. Ain't 26th. Just something to keep an eye on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×