Raiders sign WR J.J. Nelson

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Al Davis possessed Gruden, lookin like a track team again. Track team with talent though. 

Yea, the difference Brown, Williams and to a lesser extent Nelson, are not only fast but good. Our O sure is going to be more explosive next year.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea, the difference Brown, Williams and to a lesser extent Nelson, are not only fast but good. Our O sure is going to be more explosive next year.

Need a RB that’s good and not old man Lynch, Martin, or one dimensional Richard.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Need a RB that’s good and not old man Lynch, Martin, or one dimensional Richard.

Assuming our OL is better a RB by committee approach with Lynch/Martin, Warren, and Richard should be solid. We can't fill every hole in one offseason and RB's have very short shelf lives in the NFL.

Mayock and Gruden have done everything they can to help Carr be successful again. I kinda figured Gruden would want a veteran offense. Now I fully expect the Raiders to rebuild the defense through the draft. If they hit on these picks the Raiders can have a really nice young foundation on defense.

3 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Mayock and Gruden have done everything they can to help Carr be successful again.

I look at this differently. A bunch of guys  who can stretch the field. And Carr is a pretty poor deep ball passer.

Sure it can help carr, But if he can't get the offense working downfield All these new toys could be different quarterback in 2020

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I look at this differently. A bunch of guys  who can stretch the field. And Carr is a pretty poor deep ball passer.

Sure it can help carr, But if he can't get the offense working downfield All these new toys could be different quarterback in 2020

Having Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, and JJ Nelson at WR will certainly help Carr more than having Jordy Nelson, Seth Roberts, and Brandon LaFell. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Having Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, and JJ Nelson at WR will certainly help Carr more than having Jordy Nelson, Seth Roberts, and Brandon LaFell. 

Obviously. These guys are known for stretching the field and Carr isn't known for his deep ball. Even in 2016, his breakout year, he was not an efficient passer downfield. Ain't 26th. Just something to keep an eye on. 

Archived