Raiders sign WR J.J. Nelson

NYRaider

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Obviously. These guys are known for stretching the field and Carr isn't known for his deep ball. Even in 2016, his breakout year, he was not an efficient passer downfield. Ain't 26th. Just something to keep an eye on. 

I agree that he's not an amazing deep passer, but who was he going to throw the ball downfield to last season? Jordy Nelson and Seth Roberts running 4.7/4.8?

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Obviously. These guys are known for stretching the field and Carr isn't known for his deep ball. Even in 2016, his breakout year, he was not an efficient passer downfield. Ain't 26th. Just something to keep an eye on. 

I think its good. I'm a Carr guy. But he isn't infallible. He's had some good deep throws over his career but he needs improvement there. This is an opportunity for him and Gruden to iron it out. He has the arm talent, let's see him go get it.

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that he's not an amazing deep passer, but who was he going to throw the ball downfield to last season? Jordy Nelson and Seth Roberts running 4.7/4.8?

He had a Mari Cooper for three years and struggle to get him the ball. Stop Looking half a season An ignoring the fact that he struggled all the way back to 2016 throwing the ball down field.

18 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think its good. I'm a Carr guy. But he isn't infallible. He's had some good deep throws over his career but he needs improvement there. This is an opportunity for him and Gruden to iron it out. He has the arm talent, let's see him go get it.

That is what's crazy. He has the arm talent, But for whatever reason his deep ballIs a rainbow. Maybe it's the footwork? Not driving through on the deep pass? He does tend to through throw lofty balls off his back foot a lot.

Hopefully it's mechanical and he can get it figured out with the right coaching. But he throws one of the ugliest deep balls I've seen in a league

On 3/15/2019 at 12:45 PM, BayRaider said:

“We’re on a budget, here’s your used jersey”

If you go to the Raider Image on Hegenberger by the stadium they sell the used Jerseys for less than a replica costs. Obviously you aren't going to find a Derek Carr or whatever, but it's kinda a cool experience where you can find some you recognize and most are reserve or 90 man type players. I realize this is off topic, but used jerseys are sold at the shop on the other side of the freeway from the coliseum if anyone is interested in that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Jordy jersey now or soon with his release. I remember seeing Kamerion Wimbley jerseys there after he left.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

If you go to the Raider Image on Hegenberger by the stadium they sell the used Jerseys for less than a replica costs. Obviously you aren't going to find a Derek Carr or whatever, but it's kinda a cool experience where you can find some you recognize and most are reserve or 90 man type players. I realize this is off topic, but used jerseys are sold at the shop on the other side of the freeway from the coliseum if anyone is interested in that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Jordy jersey now or soon with his release. I remember seeing Kamerion Wimbley jerseys there after he left.

Do they have a website? like for those specific items?  I know the Raiders have their website, but it would be awesome to find these exact items.

43 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Do they have a website? like for those specific items?  I know the Raiders have their website, but it would be awesome to find these exact items.

Not that I know of there is like a rack or two in that store though The store is like 5-10 minutes from the stadium and the headquarters kinda in between the two so I assume they just drop them off and it's not a normal inventory thing. Could probably call the Hegenberger Oakland Raider Image and ask if they could name off some they have in stock.
edit: if you want one to wear and buy it blind, they are super tight fit like I'm roughly safety size but a linemen one other than being almost a dress is still decently tight. A safety one on the other hand is almost uncomfortably tight lol.

Archived