49ers cut Cassius Marsh DE

49erurtaza

18 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

You don’t just walk in and take a guy like Cassius Marsh’s job though. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Need it for when we trade for OBJ!!!!!

I think you mean Aj Green 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mentioned AJ Green a few days ago...Was being sarcastic with the OBJ post, though I'm still super salty about the situation lol.

I hear ya. I’m still suffering from free agency fever. It’s been a fun week for sure

Didn’t we just recently resign Marsh? Outside of Dee Ford, who are our edge guys everyone is talking about again? I’m confused cause unless we are referring to the world renown Watson, Thomas, Blair I’m not sure who we are talking about. Marsh was by no means worth 5 mil but who else do we have?! This is getting a little ridiculous with this team. 14 Safeties and RBs, one true edge player...

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Could be a bit of respect. Gives Marsh the chance to catch on somewhere sooner than later. They know they are going to acquire (probably draft) an edge guy, and they do not share my feeling that Marsh is worth a look at the SAM. So, wth.. may as well let him loose. 

That's exactly what I was coming here to say. The guy was a likely cut at some point in this offseason. Give him a chance to make a place for himself elsewhere.

The only spot I would have tried him at this point was SAM. But honestly, I didn't really had high hopes for him there either, so I'm more than fine with him being released.

I think Marsh has a place in the NFL but not for the money plus the role he has been playing for us. As a back-up OLB/Edge Rusher i think he has a place but for us he had to be the primary outside rusher which he simply isn't. He just doesn't have the moves to beat a tackle and basically runs in an arch that is too wide to actually influence the QB on most plays. I think he could have been a decent depth piece for us but i understand cutting him when you account for his salary and giving him a chance to latch on somewhere else.

Just making room for Bosa! I’m not going to miss his stupid karate kick celebration. It forced me into personal conflict every time I saw it. I thought it was such a douchey celebration but the fact that he was doing it meant that he had done something positive. He was ok as a situational passrusher, but he has no business being on the field when the opposing offense has any chance to run the ball. I saw him get manhandled multiple times last year on run plays and it was just painful to watch. 

Archived