Bears sign WR Marvin Hall

WindyCity

55 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It also means that, with limited picks, Pace doesn't have to worry much about WR in the draft. If someone falls to him, fine, otherwise forget about it. 

Yeah, it was a smart pickup.  It also gives him another kid with Gabriel's speed to challenge him for his spot and Hall is both bigger and has ST value and experience Gabriel does not.  If Gabriel doesn't produce more this year we can release him in 2020 with only a $2 mil cap hit vs a $5.5 mil salary and gain $3.5 mil of cap space.  Hall could be a hedge against having to do that and he's also 3 years younger.

Pace is always playing some 3 dimensional chess with the back end of his roster looking for ways to save cap without sacrificing production and he's getting pretty good at it.  If Hall doesn't work out it's no biggie.  He's a low risk high reward deal who could bloom or fail.

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He has actually played at the NFL level. He has 200+ yards and 2 TDS as well as 30+ kick returns.

Not sure why people are talking about his college production and why he is in the NFL he is one of the Falcons top special teamers.

He is Bellamy’s replacement. Special teams and a little sprinkle of speed on offense.

Just saying guys can get a chance just on traits.  He did nothing in college in 4 years and didn't have an injury.  Amazing that a 4.2 can open a door like that.  

I haven't really looked at him at all besides googling his name.  Not making any judgments.  

I had a look at some of his highlights from college and I must say I am more intrieged now...

Positives...

Game changing speed...like warp drive speed.

Far more physical than you expect from a 5-10" 190lbs.

Good down field blocker and seems to enjoy that part of the game.

Can throw the ball well and was used on multiple screens before throwing downfield.

Special return ability.

Negatives... 

Doesn't have natural hands...body catcher.

40" vertical but won't go up and get it.

Not going to win competed throws against NFL CBs. 

Was never asked to run any kind of complex route and very few intermediate routes...either screens or run deep.

As i said still a very long shot to become anything more than depth and a special teamer but if his traits this offence and how innovative Nagy is he has a shot at getting himself a niche.

Archived