Ronald Darby returns on 1 year deal

Kiltman

If it's cheap, like it well enough.

Corner draft kinda sucks, guys finished the year strong but hard to bank on that for a full year. Darby played solid in spurts. 

Have a battle between Maddox, Darbs, Mills, Douglas, Leblanc for the positions. It's not a top heavy group but some solid development there (for once)

Huge fan of this move, not really concerned about numbers considering it’s a 1 year deal (seems high but then again that’s been my reaction to every signing). I just would not feel comfortable heading into 2019 with Mills, Jones, the practice squad crew that showed up for the playoffs, and maybe a rookie. Potential there I suppose, but no reliable piece. We know Darby will at least be an average starting CB (assuming fully recovered from ACL, which most guys do nowadays right?)

4 minutes ago, furti said:

great move! Howie, pls do the same with Ajayi (albeit on a smaller cap number), draft DL and RB and S with the first three picks. 

You’re a man after my heart. Maybe mix a OL possibly but yea. That’s how I’d like it to go now. I figured we’re pretty cash strapped now. I’d love Zach Brown but I just don’t think they care enough about the LBs. 

Yeah, LB is also a need, one proven starter wouldn't hurt. I was thinking about Jamie Collins, if he wants to resurrect his career. He may come cheap. Bradham could slide into MLB and Collins could be the strongside LB who could also rush the passer here and then.

5 minutes ago, furti said:

Yeah, LB is also a need, one proven starter wouldn't hurt. I was thinking about Jamie Collins, if he wants to resurrect his career. He may come cheap. Bradham could slide into MLB and Collins could be the strongside LB who could also rush the passer here and then.

Fully expect Bradham to play Mike. It’s all they got right now. Not like it’s bad. He was good there when he had to fill in for Hicks. Major factor why they let him walk. It does make questionable at that 2nd LB spot. But there are some athletic guys that can do it. 

Side note: given that Bradham is out Mike, I really need a run stuffer DT to keep him free. That’s be nice. 

Archived