Tyreek Hill under investigation for battery

.Buzz

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

I've just looked at the clearest screencaps of the incident reports (at least the first pages) courtesy of KCTV-5 and, while it's been a while since I've had to personally deal with law enforcement, the "other" designation is not, to my knowledge, used to designation someone who is suspected so much as "others present, when the reporting officer arrives, who can speak to the complaint being filed" (which would logically be a parent or parents present if the victim in question is a minor, or another adult whom the child is in the care of).  So Tyreke's name not being on the second report may well be inconsequential if he wasn't present at the scene when the officer who filled out the incident report arrived (4:20pm on the 14th, at the family's residence), whereas he was when the Incident Report for the officer responding on the 5th was.

Not enough for any of us to render judgment one way or another off this to be honest.  I've got a text in to one of my friends who is in law enforcement, but I'm pretty sure (aside from also being certain to say that "all cities are different on their procedures") that he's going to confirm similarly.

Edit: As suspected, he confirmed that we really can't deduce one way or another from the incident report.  There's not enough information to make  a judgment one way or the other.

This was a really intense description of an incident report.

What is it with WRs that they make up most of the POFS slimeballs in the NFL?  

If true I hope they throw him in a deep dark cell and throw away the key. But we all know that's a pipe dream and odds are he'll be back eventually, winning games and making millions. ah the class and glory the is the NFL. Such great examples for kids to follow. 

If I'm KC, as much as they still need D help, l'm looking seriously at WRs a lot more now.

Edited by bomont

35 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

This was a really intense description of an incident report.

In hindsight, yes.  Especially for something that can be extremely minor and ends up being just documentation quite a bit.  Really all comes down to the cop, from what I understand.

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

AJ Brown to the Chiefs?

Maybe.  LIS, I'll be shocked - even given these circumstances - to see an Andy Reid team take a non-QB skill position player in the 1st.  Not that I expect him to, but if Hollywood Brown somehow slides his way into the 2nd round, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs possibly package their two 2nds or their 2nd and 3rd (knowing they have the second 2nd from the Rams) to move up for him.  They've got a good amount of cap space that they cleared with the eye towards giving Hill that mega-deal, so I could see them opting to fortify the offense elsewhere, see how the chips fall with Hill, and have that space available to make a move for someone already on a decent-sized deal like AJ Green or Marvin Jones - depending on how their respective teams are profiling halfway through the season.

I can see them kicking the tires on someone like Jordy, Jordan Matthews, or even Funchess (clearly different type of receiver, but still possible) in the mean time as well.

I don’t like Hill because of past issues, but I hope everyone waits for more info to come out before coming to conclusions on this.  Obviously this would be a huge loss for the Chiefs.  They would need to do  really well in draft to keep pace with their last few seasons.

6 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I don’t like Hill because of past issues, but I hope everyone waits for more info to come out before coming to conclusions on this.  Obviously this would be a huge loss for the Chiefs.  They would need to do  really well in draft to keep pace with their last few seasons.

After the initial reactionary stuff from some people, I actually think this discussion has been pleasantly reasonable.

Seems like most of us know that this could go anywhere from nothing to massive and we just don't know enough yet.

43 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

After the initial reactionary stuff from some people, I actually think this discussion has been pleasantly reasonable.

Seems like most of us know that this could go anywhere from nothing to massive and we just don't know enough yet.

Yeah, the hot takes got spat out for like 6 pages and an hour after the initial news broke, but how calm the thread now is is basically a reflection of everyone just waiting for info.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

Maybe.  LIS, I'll be shocked - even given these circumstances - to see an Andy Reid team take a non-QB skill position player in the 1st.  Not that I expect him to, but if Hollywood Brown somehow slides his way into the 2nd round, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs possibly package their two 2nds or their 2nd and 3rd (knowing they have the second 2nd from the Rams) to move up for him.  They've got a good amount of cap space that they cleared with the eye towards giving Hill that mega-deal, so I could see them opting to fortify the offense elsewhere, see how the chips fall with Hill, and have that space available to make a move for someone already on a decent-sized deal like AJ Green or Marvin Jones - depending on how their respective teams are profiling halfway through the season.

I can see them kicking the tires on someone like Jordy, Jordan Matthews, or even Funchess (clearly different type of receiver, but still possible) in the mean time as well.

Hollywood Brown would be the next best option for KC via the draft should they have the chance. Another good option, at least for the short term, could have been Desean Jackson if he didn’t already sign in Philly. 

I love AJ Green to death but a big part of me wants to see him flourish elsewhere and have a legitimate chance at a ring. I’d be fine moving him to KC if the price was right, but I don’t think our FO would consider a trade unless a 1st round pick was involved, and likely with a sweetener attached. To be honest even with our franchise in disarray I don’t think the prospect of offloading aging talent for picks has been considered. As much as it seems it’s obvious we’re headed for a rebuild I believe we are going into this season with the intention of winning the division or making the playoffs. But it’s too early to tell at this point. 

Also, Funchess just signed with the Colts and Matthews signed with the Niners already this FA period.

7 hours ago, bomont said:

What is it with WRs that they make up most of the POFS slimeballs in the NFL?  

If true I hope they throw him in a deep dark cell and throw away the key. But we all know that's a pipe dream and odds are he'll be back eventually, winning games and making millions. ah the class and glory the is the NFL. Such great examples for kids to follow. 

If I'm KC, as much as they still need D help, l'm looking seriously at WRs a lot more now.

The problem is “kids” looking at athletes as examples or role models  in the first place 

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

In hindsight, yes.  Especially for something that can be extremely minor and ends up being just documentation quite a bit.  Really all comes down to the cop, from what I understand.

Yes that is very true.

still trying to figure out what you were asking. Were you wondering what significance names on reports and what section they’re located in have on an investigation?

• Like 1