Tyreek Hill under investigation for battery

.Buzz

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

In hindsight, yes.  Especially for something that can be extremely minor and ends up being just documentation quite a bit.  Really all comes down to the cop, from what I understand.

Well there are 2 sides to it.  Theres the criminal side which the officer makes a decision on scene whether or not to arrest.  That clearly didnt happen.  Any other criminal decisions will be made by the prosecuting authority.  There is also the civil side.  The report would likely be referred to DHS to investigate the welfare of the child.  Here's where this gets really murky.  All DHS proceedings have priority.  And as we know, civil proceedings have a different standard of proof than criminal.  Here is shorthand to figure out what actually happened.  Where is the child? If the child is with his mother, one of 2 possibilities exists, either Hill was the perpetrator or DHS has determined the child is in no immediate danger.  If the child is with his father, it works the same way against the mother.  If the child is with another family member, both parents are being investigated.  There would be a court record if the child has been removed, so this should be easy enough for a reporter to track down if they really want to get to the bottom of the story.  If the child hasnt been removed then there is no determination of immediate danger to the child by DHS, which would indicate that no physical abuse likely occurred by either parent.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So there is a off topic forum here Nacho. Serious question, would this be allowed there? Criminal cases, among anything off topic, is discussed there. Otherwise anything negative NFL Media is intentionally being swept under the rug on the website? Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist but let’s have a more specific rule set. 

I'm not a mod on that subforum; feel free to ask Webby or the mods there (I believe pwny, MrDrew and JDLefebvre are the mods there). Webby welcomes rules questions via PM.

So we don't know exactly when the 3-year-old broke his arm, whether it was inflicted by his parent/s or was just an accident; we're not sure why the police ever got involved, and we have a whole lot of nothing to go on until the real, credible sports media (i.e. not TMZ) and the league get to the bottom of this.

If the kid hasn't been removed from their custody yet, he's not going to be. Sounds like a false alarm to me.

• Like 4

The Kansas City Star article is garbage and full of speculation.

1) The Police reports don't tell us much. There are 2 and Hill is listed in the first one as "Other Involved" for Child Abuse/Neglect under the crime section along with his fiance. This could mean anything from being a parent of the child, to answering the door when the police came to the house to being the suspect. He was not listed in the 2nd report at all which was for battery.

2) Neither Hill or his fiance were the reporting party. This means it's a 3rd party who could be anyone from family member, acquaintance, friend, hospital staff to a fan of a rival team. 

3) His son had a broken arm in February. Probably the most common broken bone in boys is an arm. If he would have had signs of abuse when he went to the hospital for that then Police would have been called immediately to the hospital. 

4) Child abuse, unless there are obvious pictures, is extremely difficult to charge. He may very well have done this but the police haven't even acknowledged he's being investigated as a suspect. 

5) It's very suspicious that news that Hill and the Chiefs were working on a record setting contract only hours before this news released. 

6) I doubt the Chiefs extend him now regardless of if/when he gets cleared from this. He probably won't be suspended because again, it's going to be very hard to charge him at all. A player that was probably untradeable about a week ago could probably be had for a 1st and a 3rd etc.

I guess it depends on what they get back into return, but trading Hill would set them back a lot in my eyes.  Mahomes is a great QB, but losing Hill’s ability to alter coverages would be big time.

It looks like nothing is going to come out of this either.  Even a 1st in return wouldn’t be worth trading Hill IMO

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yep, this is what I was referring to, the CPS investigation takes precedent here.  Basically any sort of criminal investigation will take a backseat here.  Obviously if CPS with a preponderance standard decides not to do anything further, it makes it far less likely a prosecutor would pursue charges with the tougher "reasonable doubt" standard

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Child being removed opens up the possibility that this could become a criminal investigation as well.  This does not look good for Hill right now at all.

It's in the NFL's best interest to wait until close to the start of the regular season if not longer. Wait for this to play out. No sense in suspending him for 2-3 games if they find evidence for something that would warrant a longer suspension.

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

The cops were called to investigate a child's well-being twice. Of course they were removed from the home. They'll always err on the side of caution in child safety situations.