Tyreek Hill under investigation for battery

.Buzz

For some reason I can't click to quote you @Broncofan

This KCTV link has copies of the police reports and the story. I was incorrect, he was listed on the first (child abuse/neglect) police report but not the second (battery).

MSN wrote the quote below, which just relays what the report said:

Another police report was made March 14, when officers investigated an alleged battery, also at Hill and Espinal’s home.

In this case, it was unclear when the incident was thought to have occurred. The report lists a juvenile as a victim and Espinal, 24, under “others involved.”

I can't find the source saying that he was out of town but I will look more later. Perhaps @Chiefer knows of a link, as he posted this earlier in the thread.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, Chiefer said:

From everything ive heard, Tyreek was in California at the time of the incident.

If thats true then hes not likely to get suspended, banned or cut from the team.

Think 6 game suspension is the only plausible outcome unless there is an explanation for what happened. If I was running the Chiefs I'd release him unless they truly believe he is innocent but it sounds like at the very least he probably knows what has happened.

6 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Sounding like Hill's girlfriend rather protect Hill over her son? She realizes Hill gets arrested and there goes his (by extension, her) multi-million contract. yuck.

Well, to be fair, if what @Chiefer posted has legs (that Hill was out of town), it may be the other way around - Hill may be protecting his partner.   But it's pretty clear someone committed a crime, and the other is staying mum by not cooperating.  The question is who.    It would be great to get a confirmed link that Hill was out of town - until that happens, it's just pure idle speculation, which given Hill's past, doesn't really help change the league's perception of big trouble here.

The thing is, though, if I understand the PFT article correctly, unlike the DA, the NFL can make Hill prove he was out of town.   So the NFL doesn't have to follow the same laws that allow Hill & partner to not cooperate.  Non-cooperation can be seen as an admission of guilt with the league, according to the article.  If that's the case, then Hill will have to cooperate to avoid punishment, because there's no doubt the kid got abused by all accounts, so Hill has to clear himself, not be presumed innocent because the law can't prove guilt.   

The thing is, with the child custody case still unresolved, it seems unlikely there will be any public info.  If the goal is get custody back, then someone is protecting the other in an effort to get their son back - but it's not clear who it is.    Someone with more legal expertise (read: I have none) can expand/correct, but as I understand it, once the custody issue is resolved, Hill's team would be best served making the "out-of-town" angle as public as possible.  That's the only realistic way he avoids a huge penalty, and deservedly so.   Until the custody issue is resolved though, that's the one reason why Hill & his partner may not be publicly forthcoming.

Edited by Broncofan

Unfortunately, still not enough info for us to know what happened.

Probably enough info for a 4 to 6 game suspension though. Think he should be safe from getting cut though, unless something worse develops in the child protection case. But with no info being published, I doubt we hear much of that.

Not sure if no details or evidence being released will hurt him or help him with the NFL though.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Call me cynical, but I feel like if this was Hunt, an evidently expendable player at a relatively easy position to replace, he'd be gone. Chiefs wouldn't want the bad PR of a guy, who already has a very serious history with domestic violence, who might (50/50?) be the culprit of a crime police believe happened (---> thus general public will also believe happened). He was lucky to be drafted, now this? Goodbye... of course Hill, unlike Hunt, is an irreplaceable player quite frankly. Now I don't think the Chiefs should cut Hill, as far as the law is concerned he didn't do anything. I'm just saying, with how they swiftly reacted to Hunt incident, I think they are PR-minded and would have jumped out in front of this way earlier and cut bait if we swapped places with the two.

Of course this is a bit apples and oranges. Hunt 100% committed crime he was accused of, with Hill it's <100%. Just as important, the public could see the Hunt tapes. If we've learned one thing from the public in regards to NFL players and crimes, it takes seeing things with their own eyes for their to be strong reactions (which determines how hard the NFL comes down). 

• Like 3

Add in the fact that Hunt lied to the Chiefs organization. Andy Reid seems like one of those good dudes that will give people the opportunity to mature and have a second chance. You lie to him though and that destroys any opportunity of him trusting you to get your ducks in a row. I don’t know what the conversation has been with Hill so far but it’s obviously been better then what Hunt said. 

Either ways the Chiefs need to be shopping for weapons for Mahomes. As someone pointed out Watkins is only reliable in the fact that he will miss time. Kelce is an Ironman at his position and Reid’s scheme will always find a good running back to make it work. Hill is a major part of that offense and will hurt the Chiefs if he misses time. I don’t know who steps up in his absence but I’ve seen old Andy make people like AJ Feeley and Freddie Mitchell look like pro ball players so the offense should be fine.