Tyreek Hill under investigation for battery

.Buzz

First, I feel horrible for the child.

Second, he was probably less than a year away from the biggest WR contract in NFL history.  If he was responsible for this, considering his past behavior, then I doubt he plays for at least a year, and has lost out on tens of millions.  Even if he wasnt directly responsible, the Chiefs have to be very, very concerned that he is even remotely involved.

2 minutes ago, patman said:

Well being pregnant is not going to save her from him.  and the league suspends people for smoking pot.   Unbelievable that they cleared cap room to sign him,  well it looks like somebody is going to draft a WR in the first.  

Gruden and Mayock don’t want to hear this. They had WR in the 1st all to themselves.

Just now, The LBC said:

I don't want to say it drastically affects Mahomes because he still has Kelce, though he was a candidate for regression.  But to say he benefited from Hill's ability to not only get tremendous YAC but to just plain get himself sprung and wide open downfield for huge gains would be an understatement.

I don't know man...it's not like the rest of the receiver group is awesome. Sammy as your number one? Conley is a free agent, but even if they bring him back, it's not like he's really good or anything (he's okay). I think it could have a solid impact on him. Maybe not so much because of anything Mahomes is doing, but if those receivers can't get open, and that line is just a little worse, that could potentially be a bad combination. 

Those are really serious accusations.  Hopefully everyone comes out of this okay, including Hill. 

Without Hill, I think the Chiefs offense is in a ton of trouble.  Hill completely changes how defense have to play.  You always have to have at least two people monitoring Hill at all times.  Most CB's in the league cannot defend him 1v1 and teams always need a deep safety.  That threat is completely gone without Hill in the lineup.  Now teams can bracket cover Kelce without fear of anyone beating them deep.

• Like 1

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Gruden and Mayock don’t want to hear this. They had WR in the 1st all to themselves.

To be fair, it's still Andy Reid.  Unless something is handed down from on-high (i.e. the Offices of the Hunts) that calls a Public Relations audible to draft a WR, he's going to take a big fatty in the 1st.  It's what Andy do.  I have them as a dark horse to take the first center off the board tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't know man...it's not like the rest of the receiver group is awesome. Sammy as your number one? Conley is a free agent, but even if they bring him back, it's not like he's really good or anything (he's okay). I think it could have a solid impact on him. Maybe not so much because of anything Mahomes is doing, but if those receivers can't get open, and that line is just a little worse, that could potentially be a bad combination. 

It's not awesome, but it's Andy Reid with a legitimately good QB.  That combination alone is enough for me to feel confident his production doesn't fall off a cliff.

• Like 1

Without Hill, I think the Chiefs offense is in a ton of trouble.  Hill completely changes how defense have to play.  You always have to have at least two people monitoring Hill at all times.  Most CB's in the league cannot defend him 1v1 and teams always need a deep safety.  That threat is completely gone without Hill in the lineup.  Now teams can bracket cover Kelce without fear of anyone beating them deep.

Yeah, normally I think losing a WR (no matter how great) isn't a big deal if the QB is great. But potentially losing Hill is going to hurt a lot. He was by far the main reason they beat us last year. Our CBs don't have the speed to keep up with him.  He is also a monster on ST and we know how bad the Chargers are in that department. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I feel like this is trending towards a lock... But let's talk about this: how would this affect the chiefs and Mahomes if he missed significant time?

He would obviously regress.

• Like 1