49ers agree to a 3 year deal with Raheem Mostert RB

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright, something is up here. Mostert is 1000000% going to be active on game days if he makes the roster, as he is the best STs player on the team. So who is getting moved/cut? McKinnon or Breida? 

I would guess it'll be McKinnon, but I guess we will see. I'm surprised...

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I would guess it'll be McKinnon, but I guess we will see. I'm surprised...

Still not sure how I feel about that. How is he going from the offense being damn near going through him to being cut? Clearly Shanny thought highly of him to make him a big factor of the offense last training camp. Is something up with his recovery? Doubts creeping in on Shanny if McKinnon is able to fully recover? 

11 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

What would the dead cap be? 

Around 6. We are slightly underwater on the deal. He costs like 5.75 if he's on the roster, 6 if he's not. But there's some weirdness with his contract where in we may not have all the details. OTC mentions it in their contract break down. Basically, his contract violated some weird rule where his second year salary couldn't be so much less than the first year, and if it was, the difference is treated as a signing bonus that would then accelerate if we dumped him. That's where the dead cap hit is coming from. But I don't know that it's actually confirmed in any manner. 

15 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Has to be Breida heading out on a trade already agreed to on gentlemen's shake. Otherwise, these F/O folks are hitting the bottle harder than is I am be. 

That would be upsetting. Probably our most talented back at actually running the ball. I don't see any reason to get rid of Breida, he's cheap, young, and talented. 

Archived