49ers agree to a 3 year deal with Raheem Mostert RB

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Has to be Breida heading out on a trade already agreed to on gentlemen's shake. Otherwise, these F/O folks are hitting the bottle harder than is I am be. 

I don't see us moving on from Breida after a stellar 2nd year. I don't see the Coleman/Morstert signings as any indication we're ready to move on. I just think Coleman is insurance in case McKinnon isn't ready for TC or both he and Brieda can't stay healthy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

That would be upsetting. Probably our most talented back at actually running the ball. I don't see any reason to get rid of Breida, he's cheap, young, and talented. 

That's unfortunately why he's being traded (if he is actually traded). I still think they just role into TC with 4 RB's and trade one when someone eventually dies. 

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

That's unfortunately why he's being traded (if he is actually traded). I still think they just role into TC with 4 RB's and trade one when someone eventually dies. 

Or they will avoid what happened last year and just keep all 4. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Or they will avoid what happened last year and just keep all 4. 

Yeah, that could still definitely happen and just leave one guy inactive. Someone will inevitably breakdown. But this group has a lot more talent in it which is why I could see them looking for a deal. If they got a mid round 4th/5th, I'd strongly consider it. 

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

I don't think anyone is going to offer anything that would make it worth our while. I mean he was an UDFA so technically any draft pick would be a net gain but anything worse than a 3rd rounder in my mind isn't worth it to me and I don't see us getting that for Breida. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Yeah, that could still definitely happen and just leave one guy inactive. Someone will inevitably breakdown. But this group has a lot more talent in it which is why I could see them looking for a deal. If they got a mid round 4th/5th, I'd strongly consider it. 

Oh yeah, same here. But only Breida would fetch that (certainly not McKinnon and that contract). If anyone. And I just don't see a team getting that needy. Could be wrong, of course. But even if I was, Breida is the one guy I wouldn't want to see go.

• Like 1

I wouldn't do any RB move at this point. We don't know when McKinnon will be ready. Maybe he doesn't start the season, in which case, Breida, Coleman and Mostert share the load. Then when McKinnon is healthy, chances are Breida or Coleman or Mostert will be injured. If everyone is healthy, what a great problem to have!!!

And if that happens before the trade deadline, then we can trade a RB to a RB-needy team. But I don't see any reason to trade or cut any of those guys until all of those guys are all healthy at once.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

I wouldn't do any RB move at this point. We don't know when McKinnon will be ready. Maybe he doesn't start the season, in which case, Breida, Coleman and Mostert share the load. Then when McKinnon is healthy, chances are Breida or Coleman or Mostert will be injured. If everyone is healthy, what a great problem to have!!!

And if that happens before the trade deadline, then we can trade a RB to a RB-needy team. But I don't see any reason to trade or cut any of those guys until all of those guys are all healthy at once.

Honestly, the only to do it would be if there was someone you really wanted to keep, or if you need that roster spot for another position. But that's hardly anything we have to concern ourselves with at the current point in time. I'd just roll all 4 for the time being as well.

Really like Mostert as a ST player but i really don't trust him staying healthy as a RB. At this point if someone offers a 3rd or 4th for Breida i probably would take it and pick up another guy this draft but i could also see us just going into the season with the 5rb's and say 2 te with Juice being the defacto 3rd TE.

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Really like Mostert as a ST player but i really don't trust him staying healthy as a RB. At this point if someone offers a 3rd or 4th for Breida i probably would take it and pick up another guy this draft but i could also see us just going into the season with the 5rb's and say 2 te with Juice being the defacto 3rd TE.

He's also had fumbling issues. He seemed to have done a better job last year, but he didn't have a great deal of carries either. I really hope we don't dump Breida, but I get the thought process of him being our most valuable back to other teams. 

24 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Turns out Mostert is getting a lot more money than I expected. Many ST aces/back-ups make nearly 3m a year? Maybe... I don't know. 

A little crazy if he were ST only, but I have to imagine there is a bigger plan / role in place for him