Hill under investigation for Battery

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, valkrei said:

I just read they may drop charges against Kraft if he admits guilt.  Seriously I am tired of these rich pos getting away with everything they do. 

Apparently he and 24(?) others were offered a first time offender deal of 100 hours community service and $5,000 fine per charge. He's facing two charges so he'd lose a whopping $10,000 along with his 100 hours. But from what I heard no one has accepted their deal yet.

3 hours ago, jimmydee said:

This went from a post about Hill to the last 7 posts being about Kraft.  Talk about hi-jacking a post.  It's why I don't come here often, ...I know...who cares??

No real news atm

I read somewhere that an investigation into Hill could take up to a year. I hope that isn’t the case for everyone’s sake. But I’d think that Jones is now our #1 priority to re-sign. 

22 hours ago, jimmydee said:

This went from a post about Hill to the last 7 posts being about Kraft.  Talk about hi-jacking a post.  It's why I don't come here often, ...I know...who cares??

in all fairness it does have to do with NFL policies it was not that far of a stretch.  I would say the topic expanded more than hijacked.  Either way both situations suck for the NFL.

47 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Potentially trading Tyreek?

Per Jay Glazer who originally brought up the OBJ trade rumor:

7Sl2CJ8.jpg

Well if you don't want to give him a huge contract because of off-field issues, might as well get some value in it.

Just don't be the Giants and extend him to trade him 6 months later

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Potentially trading Tyreek?

Per Jay Glazer who originally brought up the OBJ trade rumor:

7Sl2CJ8.jpg

One of those rumors it's hard to say how much it means. His name coming up in trade talks could mean teams asked. It could mean we actively shopped him. Those are very different levels of activity.

Presumably anyways, if we were going to, it would have happened already. Value will be lower now than it was two months ago.

My take:

1. We don't know anything about the incident(s). As of now I am under the impression Tyreek is considered a person of interest, but not a person officially charged with anything (first incident closed, not named in the other). This may alter, and the NFL has handed out sanctions for players who previously were cleared of any wrongdoing in the related legal process due to "detrimental conduct".

2. Hill is under contract for the next year. There is no real urgency. The Chiefs can just sit out the process and (re-)start negotations next year. They still have the option to slap the francise tag on Hill if need be.

3. I don't expect a new contract until the issue is solved - which may last until next year's off-season.

Edited by KC_Guy
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Per roto:

The Kansas City Star reports Tyreek Hill's three-year-old son was "recently removed from the custody of Hill and the boy’s mother."

Per the Star, it "isn’t clear when the boy was removed, or who he is staying with now." The Star reports Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, have been "working through a family court process called a 'child in need of care' case." Hill was investigated for potential child abuse twice in nine days in March. The second incident allegedly involved Hill breaking his son's arm. Hill reported for the start of Chiefs voluntary workouts this week, but this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star
Apr 18, 2019, 9:01 PM

Man, the KC Star is really doubling down on misinformation, there. The second incident didn't even have Hill listed, let alone have him allegedly breaking his arm. Nothing that detailed or specific has ever came out. It's also way to early to claim a suspension and/or release is likely. Whatever wounds up being decided as best for the child is a separate issue from Hill actually doing something illegal or against NFL policy.

To the bigger point, the court case itself, shouldn't really be surprising to anyone. The police visited twice in a month on child safety claims. There's going to be an investigation to see if the child is in a safe place following that. Could result in nothing. Could result in something but still not involve any charges or anything from Hill himself. Could mean Hill abused his kid. Still far too difficult to say. Regardless I hope the kid winds up in a safe place. And I hope we don't overreact to the media circus on this one, as a team. I know some are ready to crucify him, but there's still no charges, nothing labeling him at fault, and these things take a lot of time and care from everyone involved.

• Like 2