Hill under investigation for Battery

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Off topic but if none of you follow Larry Johnson these days, I’d give him a follow.  

Totally turned his life around and a joy to listen to now. 

I highly recommend people listen to any recent LJ interviews. As someone who had interaction with him in his past, he has definitely changed and become a better man.

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Doctored up or not... the fact that he punches his 3 year old in the chest for punishment is sickening.  

by no means do I condone I just don't get it. If she recorded it why would she not give to social services?  Did she make it and sell it?  that's what seems off to me.

39 minutes ago, valkrei said:

by no means do I condone I just don't get it. If she recorded it why would she not give to social services?  Did she make it and sell it?  that's what seems off to me.

Don't wanna say it but I'll say it: she's looking very bad with the whole situation too (to put as politely as possible). At one point on that tape she was telling him how "she rode for him" with the investigator so he wouldn't "lose his s__t" aka her s__t (sorry mods). That baby should've been her biggest priority not material.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Don't wanna say it but I'll say it: she's looking very bad with the whole situation too (to put as politely as possible). At one point on that tape she was telling him how "she rode for him" with the investigator so he wouldn't "lose his s__t" aka her s__t (sorry mods). That baby should've been her biggest priority not material.

yea i agree if one goes to jail it will be a travesty.  Both should go to jail.

Edited by valkrei
  • Like 1

I am absolutely baffled.

First: Who recorded the conversation, and why? I'm not aware I ever recorded a random conversation, be it on purpose or accidentally. Thus I assume someone recorded this on purpose, probably knowing where this conversation would go. And that obviously can only be Hill or Espinal themselves.

Second: How did this conversation come into public? If either of the two recorded it, he or she should be aware that the conversation incriminates both of them. It's a lose-lose situation if anything of this reaches the public (or the DA).

Third: If anything of that conversation  is true I'm pretty sure the two will lose custody not only of their son but possibly also of the still unborn twins. And for good reason.

Fourth: Obviously police showed up at their residence shortly after that release, stayed there for 20 mins or so ... and "it wasn't that exciting" - whatever that means.

And finally: The Chiefs react:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/4/26/18517464/chiefs-general-manager-brett-veach-issues-statement-regarding-tyreek-hill

My take: The Tyreek Hill NFL "era" is about to come to an end.

Edited by KC_Guy

12 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I do think it's a tough question. I was debating the same kind of logic over the weekend. Because I feel like the ultimate lesson that the Kareem Hunt situation carried, is that eventually it doesn't matter. Given time the league doesn't care. The fans don't care. The media doesn't care. Assuming all is as it seems and Hill is guilty of what he seems to be guilty of, my ideal scenario is we cut him, the league bans him, and the man never gets the luxury of playing in the NFL again. But that's not what's going to happen, just like that isn't what happened with Hunt. Realistically, we're going to cut him, the league suspends him, and someone else signs him anyways. We take all the bad press while some other team profits. It's, from all perspectives really, the worst course of action for us. Moral high ground, but for ultimately nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I do think it's a tough question. I was debating the same kind of logic over the weekend. Because I feel like the ultimate lesson that the Kareem Hunt situation carried, is that eventually it doesn't matter. Given time the league doesn't care. The fans don't care. The media doesn't care. Assuming all is as it seems and Hill is guilty of what he seems to be guilty of, my ideal scenario is we cut him, the league bans him, and the man never gets the luxury of playing in the NFL again. But that's not what's going to happen, just like that isn't what happened with Hunt. Realistically, we're going to cut him, the league suspends him, and someone else signs him anyways. We take all the bad press while some other team profits. It's, from all perspectives really, the worst course of action for us. Moral high ground, but for ultimately nothing.

If the NFL really cares you just get banned from the league and loss of guaranteed funds (50%) from your contract.  The NFL can require all contracts consist of this.  Another good option would be a one time get out of jail free card so to speak under the condition that you do Mandatory Counciling and whatever means nesessary to rehabilitate the player with suspension.

• Like 1

Once the initial emotion wore off and I listened to that podcast, it started painting another picture. From a human standpoint, this guy isn't a really good guy (or at least has some defect in his head when angry) BUT from the football side, like @Jakuvious said, "eventually nobody cares". If the league were to ban him then good riddance but we ALL know that's not going to happen. Donta Stallworth literally got hammered and ran somebody over, killing them, and got a 1 year suspension. So we know Tyreek at most will get something a little less than that.

So from the football perspective, we cut him and he serves his suspension and then signs with the Browns (or somebody; somebody WILL sign him)we still get the flak for it happening on our watch while he kills us everytime he plays us and nobody cares so long as he stays on the straight and narrow moving forward potentially helping them win a 'ship. 

At this point I think the Chiefs brass is handling this perfectly. No knee-jerk reaction. Let the league sort it out and then we go from there. I think Veach/Hunt/Reid learned a valuable lesson with Kareem. I mean, you don't even hear about that situation anymore. Browns are even going as far as potentially trading Duke Johnson away cuz they wont need him once KH finishes his suspension, no worries, no fear he'd do something dumb again and this is before he will be helping the Browns light up the scoreboard.

I understand why we cut KH (the situation, then lying about said situation) but looking back at it I think it was the wrong move and now we're going to potentially do it again at another teams benefit.

Such a sticky situation all around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

ok, so what came KCTV% up with yesterday? Unable to watch here in Europe ... 

Tyreek was given a "no-contact" order with his son, so he was staying in a hotel. Via cameras in the house he was able to see that the fiance was passed out and the 3 year old was wandering the place alone so he called 911 to do a welfare check. She was taken to the hospital and this eventually led to her being deemed unfit for custody of the child while Tyreek was away. Which leads me to believe that she may have used a "substance" and passed out (7 months pregnant). I have a hard time believing she had a medical emergency and they remove the child from her custody over it. If anything, though the media is on a full blown witch hunt, this might actually work in favor of Tyreek being the sole "bad guy".

*If I was mistaken in my summary anywhere, please somebody correct me.

1/ OK.So we just keep Hill. He gets punished for a year. We then trade him to the highest bidder of which there will be many. Chiefs collect something for him.

2/ Or, we keep Hill. He gets punished for a year. We then cut him and he gets signed elsewhere. Chiefs collect a Compensatory Pick?

3/ Or, we keep Hill. He eventually plays again for KC and we win a Super Bowl.

Which scenario works best for KC to not look too bad?