Hill under investigation for Battery

RaidersAreOne

The KC Star has reported that there is no longer an active criminal case.

Six weeks after Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill was suspended from the team, amid an ongoing child abuse probe, prosecutors are no longer actively working the criminal case.

“It is not an active investigation,” Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe said in an email Friday morning. “As in any case, if we receive additional evidence we reevaluate.”

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 2

I think this puts him in the clear, I doubt the NFL would still suspend him. 

With that said, if this is indeed all clear I think he gets oaid, but not anywhere near what he was going to get. 

Clark and Mathieu just got paid; Jones and Mahomes are next along with Hill.

7 minutes ago, Edge said:

Wow. Those are interesting informations.

I wonder if the Chiefs will remove the suspension for training camp.

I'd be they let him return for training camp proper. Probably still leave him out for mandatory minicamp next week. And he definitely won't be there today to finish OTAs. But probably have him back for training camp whether they expect a suspension from the NFL or not.

8 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

"A source said NFL investigators had not yet talked to Tyreek Hill. If there's a clear timeline on when this will be concluded, I haven't talked to the person who knows it."

Honestly, I'd assume there isn't that much urgency around it anyways, considering they have like 3 months until a suspension would really be implemented anyways. If we cleared him, and the NFL went and suspended him, he'd still be around for camp and preseason regardless, so there really isn't much need for them to rush. Especially with CPS still doing their thing. I honestly doubt we get a full resolution anytime soon.

I must admit that I like the way things were handled. It's clear that Hill told the team everything, which Hunt did not. As bad as it looked. no one rushed into any position that they had to walk back. Now, rather unexpectedly for most fans, it looks like Hill is going to play football this year. If the rumors are correct, he may not even face disciplinary action. 

However, the criminal charges and the leagues policy do not go together. As long as protective services are refusing to grant Hill custody, he will likely remain suspended. Though there are reports that Hill will be in camp, that is not the situation at present.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/07/d-a-s-comments-have-no-impact-on-nfls-review-of-tyreek-hill-case/

All that said, I hope the team has a damn good counselor. He needs one and he deserves one. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill did not break his three-year-old son’s arm last January, and neither did his fiancée, Crystal Espinal.  According to multiple sources close to the investigation, Hill and Espinal were cleared of any role in the broken bone injury almost immediately after the investigation began in March.

Investigators quickly agreed with the medical staff that the broken bone was the result of typical accident involving a rambunctious toddler, consistent with reaching out to brace for a fall.

The investigation into Hill and Espinal began weeks after the broken bone was first treated, when Espinal, according to sources, asked a third party to call authorities and tell them that Hill was responsible for the boy’s injury.  Espinal has admitted she was trying to shame Hill because in her mind, he had become too controlling and abusive again in their long and stormy relationship.

Here’s a link to the full WHB report

Edited by kingseanjohn

He could still see some suspension after the released audio. But I doubt he gets more than 6 games. 

Obviously the outlook is much better for him than it was weeks ago. And if indeed the child didn't suffer any violence, well that's the best news out of it. 

On 6/11/2019 at 6:55 AM, TedLavie said:

He could still see some suspension after the released audio. But I doubt he gets more than 6 games. 

Obviously the outlook is much better for him than it was weeks ago. And if indeed the child didn't suffer any violence, well that's the best news out of it. 

I can't imagine how he could be suspended for an audio tape, if it's linked to an extortion case against him. He hasn't commented on it, and has done everything asked of him from all reports.

This was actually handled really well. No one jumped to conclusions and they just followed the natural progression before making any decisions.

• Like 1