Hill under investigation for Battery

RaidersAreOne

On 5/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, kingseanjohn said:

This is even tough for me to type it. Unless something comes out that shows he maliciously broke his sons arm, with intent, then I think we should keep him and play him after he serves his likely suspension.

Tyreek could have purposely broke his sons arm, his son could have been flailing or playing around while Tyreek held his arm and it broke, or something else entirely. We don't know and everything on our part is speculation. Kids get hurt through no ones fault all the time, again, I'm not saying this was the case. At no time does Hill admit to hurting his son and has of course denied it.

Prove to me that Hill purposely hurt his son and I'm 100% for him going to jail and permanently losing custody.  If it can't be proven, then it's just speculation and people giving their opinions and that isn't enough to warrant banishment. Unless something new comes out, Tyreek will be playing football next year if not this year.

Unfortunately for Tyreek, he has a track record. When you do what he did in college and still get drafted, it should be a one strike and you're out policy. Was the recording doctored? Because I haven't paid any attention since hearing that - slams the case shut.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Unfortunately for Tyreek, he has a track record. When you do what he did in college and still get drafted, it should be a one strike and you're out policy. Was the recording doctored? Because I haven't paid any attention since hearing that - slams the case shut.

Sounds like he was set up by his GF fiance whatever that crazy lady is to him.

26 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Sounds like he was set up by his GF fiance whatever that crazy lady is to him.

For sure, she's definitely crazy and should be away from the kid.

But so should he.

And the one comment from him about how she should be afraid of him is just disturbing - especially when you factor in his previous domestic violence and the fact that their child was hurt.

Justice system might not be able to do anything to him, but everyone knows he's not innocent in this. Considering what happened to Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice, one year suspension should be the minimum for this. The NFL needs to send a message to these guys and he should have been on thin ice from the moment he was drafted because of what happened in college.

10 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

But so should he.

And the one comment from him about how she should be afraid of him is just disturbing - especially when you factor in his previous domestic violence and the fact that their child was hurt.

Justice system might not be able to do anything to him, but everyone knows he's not innocent in this. Considering what happened to Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice, one year suspension should be the minimum for this. The NFL needs to send a message to these guys and he should have been on thin ice from the moment he was drafted because of what happened in college.

Re-read through this thread and any links posted. It appears that Crystal, the mother, may have Munchausen Syndrome and she is the one who hurt their son. The voice recording was only partially released and failed to have any context. The “you should be afraid” is allegedly cut off and concludes with “that’s why you can’t keep a man”, implying she should be afraid of him leaving. 

There is zero evidence that Tyreek hurt his son. Peterson/Rice is completely different. They did wrong and admitted to it and there was evidence for it.

• Like 1

Agreed. This is vastly different from AP and Rice. It does appear that he cannot be with both Crystal and his son. Counseling and a support group are musts. But--a very important but--he seems to have been up front about all the issues, both with the team and with the league. The league may still suspend him for failing to remove the child from a dangerous situation but Tyreek probably feels that much is justified.

Bottom line, he has been a man and a professional. That will likely be recognized.

J

17 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Re-read through this thread and any links posted. It appears that Crystal, the mother, may have Munchausen Syndrome and she is the one who hurt their son. The voice recording was only partially released and failed to have any context. The “you should be afraid” is allegedly cut off and concludes with “that’s why you can’t keep a man”, implying she should be afraid of him leaving. 

There is zero evidence that Tyreek hurt his son. Peterson/Rice is completely different. They did wrong and admitted to it and there was evidence for it.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/08/21/tyreek-hill-oklahoma-state-football-domestic-violence-battery-plea-agreement

I am sure you are familiar with the above - but in case you're not, it is by far the worst thing a player has done and then actually been drafted into the NFL - at least in today's climate. Obviously I don't know what was said between he and the NFL - but based on some of their other suspensions and how they've handled what other players have done, it should have been "one strike and you're out" - whether it be proven you've done something or not.

In case you're not familiar with how the NFL can handle these situations:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/19/16666714/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-suspension-cowboys-ex

So here's the comparison:

There was not enough proof for the legal system to do anything about Zeke, but the NFL found enough to suspend him for six games, even though he didn't have a history of DV

There might not be enough proof for the legal system to do anything about Hill, and we'll see what the NFL finds - but him being close to this incident, plus his past should equal at least an 8 game suspension - and that's if you guys are right and he's truly innocent, which IMO there is no way that he is.

I think I understand the NFL's position on these things, generally; I also generally understand the courts and how they look at evidence.  It's not their (courts) job to look at evidence and try to make it 'fit' a crime, which they have not proven beyond reasonable doubt. In the courts, it's supposed to be black or white; innocent or guilty based in pure facts, with no fragmented suppositions or inuendos to question the voracity of the 'find'.  The NFL, on the other hand, is all about the gray area, with little concern for the fringe 'black or white facts' of the issue.  Politics play a much greater role with the NFL and their "perceived reputation"....makes it impossible to just look at pure facts. Said that, if he is determined to be 'not gulty' in the courts, and the NFL STILL suspends him for their unclear reasoning, he is being punished for being innocent in a court much higher than the NFL's song and dance approach to these things.  Not sure how they (NFL) squares this up.

• Like 1

It looks as if Tyreek and his people were able to document--per Nate Taylor "massive amounts of evidence"--that he was not in any way responsible for the child's broken arm. He may still face a suspension but it is literally for talking inappropriately, ie the threatening statements in the recording. If so, he can be in camp and may sit out four games or less. The team is exploring contract talks.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/details_emerge_on_tyreek_hills_meeting_with_nfl/s1_14819_29412599
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_could_reportedly_re_open_contract_extension_talks_with_tyreek_hill/s1_127_29414417

It looks like he will play this year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

he can be in camp

This seems like the Chiefs/NFL may be relenting a bit pre-decision.  I'll take this as encouraging news.

I'll also say that suspending Hill for an extended period of time hurts the NFL. T.Hill on the playing field helps to bankroll the NFL-just like playing in London.

Edited by mayanfootball

On 6/27/2019 at 3:25 PM, FrantikRam said:

But so should he.

Or it could be a healthy fear of authority.  I wouldnt read to much into it especially since Hill did not injure his son.  Could he use council and prob some meds? Sure.  I can tell you the foster system we have is terrible and far worse things are likely to happen there as crazy as that sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

610 got the entire tape that channel 5 previously released parts of. An independent investigator verified its authenticity. They just played the entire 11 min audio with the only edits being cursing and names. 

My take:

It sounds like he’s possibly even innocent in the 2014 ordeal. What KCTV released was heavily edited. Crystal sounds and comes off as being highly manipulative. 

Good for Tyreek finally leaving her. It’s a shame that everyone who read the original headlines won’t hear this tape. He’s fully innocent imo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

610 got the entire tape that channel 5 previously released parts of. An independent investigator verified its authenticity. They just played the entire 11 min audio with the only edits being cursing and names. 

My take:

It sounds like he’s possibly even innocent in the 2014 ordeal. What KCTV released was heavily edited. Crystal sounds and comes off as being highly manipulative. 

Good for Tyreek finally leaving her. It’s a shame that everyone who read the original headlines won’t hear this tape. He’s fully innocent imo

I'll look for it but if you could link it up I'd much appreciate it. I'd love to hear it and I've also heard some skepticism about the other "incident".