Hill under investigation for Battery

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

I can't imagine how he could be suspended for an audio tape, if it's linked to an extortion case against him. He hasn't commented on it, and has done everything asked of him from all reports.

This was actually handled really well. No one jumped to conclusions and they just followed the natural progression before making any decisions.

Contrast the way Hunt basically evaded the whole issue and let it fester. When it came to light the team had to fire him. 

J

• 2 weeks later...

That basically supports what my gut has been saying that. Hill may be for-real innocent. If so, he has the basis of a $Billion lawsuit against someone. 

I have always said I liked the way this was handled. The team kept everything low key and did not take any action to make things worse. 

J

• Like 1

If Hill is cleared of wrongdoing, but still suspended 4 games, it could help us longterm. He will presumably be fresher and we will have a position of power for contract negotiations. At a guess, this will save us a fair few million in cap room.

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That basically supports what my gut has been saying that. Hill may be for-real innocent. If so, he has the basis of a $Billion lawsuit against someone. 

I have always said I liked the way this was handled. The team kept everything low key and did not take any action to make things worse. 

J

Assuming he is cleared, the FO needs to take an enormous amount of credit for how they dealt with this situation.

• Like 1

On 24.6.2019 at 1:56 AM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Probably the most outstanding bullcrap I've seen on this case ... unless everyone else is throwinmg smokescreens: Chiefs not in contact with Hill, but he has the playbook. NFL talked to him a week ago - now they are meeting today I think. Hill working his *** off at a hill they identified - but no pic. 

I'll wait for Terez or someone else to come up with real news ... 

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Unless this plays out with his GF getting a chunk of his next contract signing. Then Hill will give max effort to get his bankroll.

one story he would have signed but his agent was the greedy one.  I am hopeful for a reasonable contract dudes still going to get paid.