Geronimo Allison Resigns with the Packers

EaglesPeteC

Just now, SBLIII said:

That would be horrific.

You're a Patriots fan, aren't you?  Randall Cobb would absolutely tear it up in New England.  He would look like a Hall of Fame receiver in New England.  He has consistently had one of the highest target-catch rates in the NFL, and he lead the league two years ago in separation yards on his receptions.  Meaning, he was the most "open" receiver in the NFL. 

Cobb in New England would have 120 receptions a year until he's 34.  ESPECIALLY if he was healthy.  He only started this year with a 9 reception, 142 yard game including a 70 yard TD to help the Packers in that comeback against the Bears after all. 

Randall Cobb is one of the most poorly-used receivers in the NFL.  Mike McCarthy did him no favors whatsoever, and neither did Aaron Rodgers. 

Aaron's biggest fault since 2015 has been his greed.  He CONSTANTLY passed up the open receiver looking for more.  Does that sound like Brady?  Nope. 

Randall Cobb frequently lined up in the backfield for no reason whatsoever because he wasn't used appropriately or targeted when he lined up back there. 

I can't even imagine the season Randall Cobb would have in New England, and I'm surprised he isn't already there.  If Rodgers has any kind of self-awareness, he's probably dreading Cobb going to New England because of how great Cobb would look there. 

If Cobb was healthy for 16 games in New England, Marvin Harrison's single-season reception record is broken. 

Yeah... I dont think McCarthy and Rodgers were holding Cobb back xD. Doubt he'd do much better in NE considering how notoriously difficult the Pats offense is to pick up, particularly for WRs. Not saying Cobb is a bum, he is still serviceable and better than any of the Pats WRs, outside Edelman. I would love to sign him... at the right price. He's not worth the $10mil/yr that's been floated around tho. 

Archived