Predictive Post First Wave FA 7 Rounder

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

after some further film evaluation I like Isabella a lot more. I was wrong about him. He could be a legit slot and Pats were after slot FAs so good pick actually. 

Based on this mock  draft

David Edwards [ OT ] Wisconsin is a major need for the Pats. They only have two legit tackles on the roster. They just lost Waddle to the Bills, who was the only back up.

Isabella ( outside WR) is really good however IMO  Hunter Renfrow [ WR ] Clemson ( available at a lower pick) is a better option in the slot which he played in college. I also believe  J.J. Arcega-Whiteside [ WR ] Stanford is a better fit in the Pats offense. They can use him inside or out or line him up at TE his versatility give them several options.

I see different formations that would cause nightmares for other teams defenses.  Have a line up with (if he plays) Gronk, Dawson Knox and Whiteside and Edleman/Renfrow.  Do they run or pass that is some major size they would have to deal with.

Pats have been successful in the past. without a WR that goes deep

Oakland Raiders
 4. Josh Allen [ EDGE ] Kentucky
 24. Rashan Gary [ DT ] Michigan
 27. Noah Fant [ TE ] Iowa
 35. Mack Wilson [ LB ] Alabama
 107. Damien Harris [ RB ] Alabama
 198. Kendall Sheffield [ CB ] Ohio State
 220. Hjalte Froholdt [ OG ] Arkansas
 237. Sione Takitaki [ LB ] BYU

Love it for the Raiders.

Atlanta Falcons
 14. Brian Burns [ EDGE ] Florida State
 45. Greg Little [ OT ] Mississippi
 80. Renell Wren [ DT ] Arizona State
 118. Lonnie Johnson [ CB ] Kentucky
 138. Ryan Bates [ OG ] Penn State
 153. Kingsley Keke [ DT ] Texas A & M
 173. Ryan Finley [ QB ] NC State
 187. Isaac Nuata [ TE ] Georgia
 232. Easton Stick [ QB ] North Dakota State

Love the first 4 rounds. I even love the double dip at DT. but wasting not 1 but 2 picks on this QB class that late? No thanks. Falcons could use depth safety, another WR or even a RB and someone to return kicks.

On 3/16/2019 at 4:58 AM, goldfishwars said:

12. Green Bay Packers  - T.J. Hockenson [ TE ] Iowa

The Packers aren't taking a TE this early.  Go with Brian Burns [EDGE; Florida State] here or Clelin Ferrell [EDGE; Clemson] if they want the same body type.

30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans ) - Chris Lindstrom [ OG ] Boston College

Not taking an OG here.  Gute comes from the TT tree, and he's only taken 2 non-premium positions in the 1st round (AJ Hawk and HHCD).  The earliest we've taken an IOL was the 4th round.  I don't anticipate that changing.  The board is probably rough here, but I think Courtney Gardner-Johnson [S; Florida] would likely be the pick here.

44. Green Bay Packers  - A.J. Brown [ WR ] Mississippi

The board isn't much better here, but either him or Parris Campbell [WR; Ohio State] make the most sense here.

76. Green Bay Packers  - Juan Thornhill [ S ] Virginia

Good value, but if they take CGJ in the first they're probably not double-dipping on safeties.  I'd probably grab Josh Oliver [TE; San Jose State] here instead.

On 3/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, goldfishwars said:

Your new GM seems to be doing a lot of things Ted never did. 

Outside of FA, they've been pretty similar.  Maybe you could argue that Gute has been willing to gamble more on athleticism late in the draft, but overall they come from the same tree.

Archived