2 RD MOCK 3/16/19

wcf1989

41 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

It obviously isn't bad to have safety depth, but they already have depth there and spending a 2nd round pick on backup safeties isn't a winning strategy. Of course, there is the potential for them to run 3 safety sets, but with a slot corner as talented as Justin Coleman in the fold, that gets reduced to dime-package situations (i.e. less than 20% of the time). Spending a 2nd round pick on a role player is also not a winning strategy.

The reason why I focus on needs so much in mock drafts for the Detroit Lions is pretty simple: it's what the actual Detroit Lions do in the actual draft. Under Bob Quinn, they have consistently and aggressively targeted immediate needs with their 1st and 2nd round picks. Anything other than that is not going to be predictive of what the Detroit Lions will actually do. I don't see the issue in speaking about that. The point of commenting on peoples mock drafts is to give them feedback, and @wcf1989 clearly put some effort into this so I thought he deserved good, thoughtful feedback.

You must have a lot of faith in walker. Not really my point tho..there are different ways to build your team instead of reaching for need. 

Tell me what this team strength is

On 3/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, wcf1989 said:

18. Minnesota Vikings – Andre Dillard OT Washington State

Widely believed to the be the best pass protector in the draft, this is the ideal piece for Minnesota to insert to protect Cousins who they banked their entire franchise on last year.

50. Minnesota Vikings – Jerry Tillery DT Notre Dame

Lost Richardson in FA, get a long term solution for an aging group.

Would be happy with these selections. 

On 3/16/2019 at 7:22 AM, wcf1989 said:

20. Pittsburgh Steelers – Mack Wilson ILB Alabama

I suppose it is not out of the realm of possibility given the Steelers past penchant for reaching, but with CBs Murphy and Baker still on the board, I have to believe the Steelers would pick one of them. They recently acquired Mark Barron to fill the ILB/S role -- at least for the short term. There's also the possibility they'd take TE Fant here as well.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:22 AM, wcf1989 said:

52. Pittsburgh Steelers – Riley Ridley WR Georgia

The Steelers just acquired Montcrief. So now they have, JuJu, Washington, Montcrief, Switzer, and Rogers. I see them going after WR in the 4th - 6th round. If the Steelers go CD in the 1st, I can see TE here, or vise-versa.

23. Houston Texans – Noah Fant TE Iowa

An interesting pick here but getting Watson weapons is as important as any other move they can make.

No - protecting Watson goes well before anything else. 62 sacks, dealt with a bruised lung, coming off of an ACL injury - getting better along the OL is more important than anything else on this team.

Texans signed Darren Fells today, so the Texans are more likely to cut a guy vs drafting another one. Dalton Risner here makes much more sense, even if it's a reach.

54. Houston Texans (from SEA) – Zach Allen DE Boston College

Reader can move back to NT with Allen being the perfect fit for a 3-4 DE to put out with Mercilus, Clowney, and Watt. QB's watch out.

*TRADE*

To HOU: 68th ovr + 106th ovr

To NYJ: 55th ovr + 162nd ovr

55. New York Jets (from HOU) – Oshane Ximines EDGE Old Dominion

You've completely neglected OL and CB - which were the two biggest weaknesses on this team, by a large margin.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, m haynes said:

The Eagles need two DT's.

Here a link that you might find interesting. Shows several DT in the draft

https://www.patriots.com/video/2019-draft-prospects-michael-dogbe-dt-temple

He's a decent prospect.
I am really high on Renell Wren, though.
He bulked up for the combine.
I am hoping he didn't lose some of his quickness.

4 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

He's a decent prospect.
I am really high on Renell Wren, though.
He bulked up for the combine.
I am hoping he didn't lose some of his quickness.

Look at the bottom (they are  boxed) of the page they have video on other  DL in the draft.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Look at the bottom (they are  boxed) of the page they have video on other  DL in the draft.

I saw that.
There are a number of competent DT's in this draft.
As a Philly fan I get reminded of all Philly prospects regularly as if it is a territorial draft.

I feel like the Eagles will draft two DT's, one early and one late, or both in the middle.

Archived