• Sign Spencer Ware
    • Sign CJ Anderson
    • Sign Alex Collins
    • Trade for Duke Johnson
    • Trade for Jordan Howard
    • Resign Darren Sproles
    • Resign Jay Ajayi
    • Draft Josh Jacobs at 25
    • Draft an RB in the 2nd (Henderson or Sanders??)
    • Draft an RB on day 3
    • Roll with Clement, Adams and Smallwood
    • Other (specify in comment)
  2. 2. Then I would.....

• Sign Isisah Crowell
    • Sign TJ Yeldon
    • Sign Spencer Ware
    • Sign CJ Anderson
    • Sign Alex Collins
    • Trade for Duke Johnson
    • Trade for Jordan Howard
    • Resign Darren Sproles
    • Resign Jay Ajayi
    • Draft Josh Jacobs at 25
    • Draft an RB in the 2nd (Henderson or Sanders??)
    • Draft an RB on day 3
    • Roll with Clement, Adams and Smallwood
    • Other (specify in comments)

No more day three running backs please. 

I think we need two running backs. 

I would resign Ajayi for a year, or if he is reluctant to come back for cheap, go with Spencer Ware. I would be also happy with Howard, if the compensation is less than a 4th.

If no DL worthy of the pick is there (still keeping my fingers crossed for Wilkins in the first round), go with Jacobs, otherwise pick a RB in the 2nd/3rd round (trade back option).

21 minutes ago, furti said:

No more day three running backs please. 

I think we need two running backs. 

I would resign Ajayi for a year, or if he is reluctant to come back for cheap, go with Spencer Ware. I would be also happy with Howard, if the compensation is less than a 4th.

If no DL worthy of the pick is there (still keeping my fingers crossed for Wilkins in the first round), go with Jacobs, otherwise pick a RB in the 2nd/3rd round (trade back option).

Howie isn't going to go against his own team building philosphies that won his team a world championship. So I still don't think we take a back before round 4.

Anyone else think we might able to trade down about 4-5 spots, recoup a 3rd, and then take Jacobs?

He doesn't have an injury history like Rodney Anderson, but Jacobs wasn't exactly an iron man for Bama.

Signing Yeldon (If he's cheap) and then drafting a downhill guy who can catch (Ozigbo, Barnes, Hills, or Armstead) in the 5th makes a lot of sense, but I want someone with star potential, and that's either Jacobs or Henderson. 

52 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Anyone else think we might able to trade down about 4-5 spots, recoup a 3rd, and then take Jacobs?

I like the idea.... I mean I like Jacobs and the idea of getting more picks along with a guy we want is always an enticing proposition.

But, I don't think this is something that will happen.

Why?

The Raiders hold picks #24 and #27 and are probably the most likely destination for a first round RB. If Jacobs gets past #24, then good chance he doesn't get past #27.

Knowing Howie's draft history if he was going to take a RB in the first round he would likely need to be in love with said prospect and if that were the case he wouldn't trade behind the Raiders last first rounder where they could very likely scoop up his guy.

Don't know if it has been mentioned in your forum, and I'm far too lazy to go check other threads, but there were rumors that 49ers / Eagles were discussing trades. I could only imagine it would be for a running back from SF to the Eagles. I'd guess Breida as he would surely be the more desirable. Not sure how much truth there is behind it - the source is not good (Vincent Frank), but it's out there. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned in your forum, and I'm far too lazy to go check other threads, but there were rumors that 49ers / Eagles were discussing trades. I could only imagine it would be for a running back from SF to the Eagles. I'd guess Breida as he would surely be the more desirable. Not sure how much truth there is behind it - the source is not good (Vincent Frank), but it's out there. 

We talked about it a little, but it seems to make sense.

Not sure what compensation would look like for Breida

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

I read that literally right after I made this thread.....

Doesn’t Breida get hurt like every game? Lol 

Id be interested depending on cost. I’d rather trade for Duke Johnson though 

Archived