• Josh Allen
    • Christian Wilkins
    • TJ Hockensen
    • Ed Oliver
    • Josh Jacobs
    • Devin White
    • Rashan Gary
    • Montez Sweat

I figure if we give each of these a couple days or so of discussion, we'll get around the top 20 guys or so which hopefully includes 2 picks for us Thursday night.

Feel free to suggest names for the next poll as well. You're all on your own to post cut-ups and highlight vids to support your vote in these threads :)

I'm using Daniel Jeremiah's Big Board to start.

My vote is: Quinnen Williams

One of my factors for going IDL over EDGE if you see them as the same grade is what I view as higher value on 2nd contracts for the bigs. The EDGE guys are either going to (1) leave for a huge contract or (2) demand a huge contract. Not sure I have data to support this, but, other than Aaron Donald I feel like a team might end up getting more long-term value out of a big than an EDGE.

But that creates the dilemma of the enormous value of having a cheap EDGE for 4-5 years. Which is ridiculously appealing, too.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

One of my factors for going IDL over EDGE if you see them as the same grade is what I view as higher value on 2nd contracts for the bigs. The EDGE guys are either going to (1) leave for a huge contract or (2) demand a huge contract. Not sure I have data to support this, but, other than Aaron Donald I feel like a team might end up getting more long-term value out of a big than an EDGE.

But that creates the dilemma of the enormous value of having a cheap EDGE for 4-5 years. Which is ridiculously appealing, too.

My take......

A). I think your thinking is on target.
B). However - we experienced pain and suffering in order to draft this high - and by everybody's calculation, EDGE guys rule supreme. I'd personally rather have a stud EDGE over a DL guy. That said - if we get down to the dregs of the stud EDGE guys.......that DL spot is gonna look more enticing. The subtle differences and player / position evaluations - I'm gonna leave to others other than to demand they get a difference maker. A game changer. We wont be drafting at this altitude for long - so best we cash in while we can.

Question -

Are our selections supposed to represent who we'd like to draft overall (?) or who we'd like to draft because we think he's gonna be there when our turn comes? Nothing I'm reading says Bosa's gonna hang around till 12.....

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Question -

Are our selections supposed to represent who we'd like to draft overall (?) or who we'd like to draft because we think he's gonna be there when our turn comes? Nothing I'm reading says Bosa's gonna hang around till 12.....

You’re giving your opinion of who’s going off the board first in round one.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

You’re giving your opinion of who’s going off the board first in round one.

I prefer to think of it more as "if GB had the #1 pick, who would you take"

and then:

"If GB had the #2 picks and this one guy is gone, who would you pick"

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I prefer to think of it more as "if GB had the #1 pick, who would you take"

and then:

"If GB had the #2 picks and this one guy is gone, who would you pick"

Thanks for the additional info - I should’ve deduced that from the thread title also!  Agree with others picks thus far - love either Bosa or Quinnen.  I’m indecisive, and would be a terrible GM, LOL.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Question -

I say it’s “our” big board. Who knows what other teams will do. I mean Arizona is going to waste their pick on another QB. 

Archived