Matthew Stafford and Lions agree to new deal

BroncoSojia

On 8/31/2017 at 10:02 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ouch.  You actually went Russell Wilson.  You brought the Seahawks into this.  Elite defense, great running game.  I can't believe you'd even pretend that there's a legitimate comparison to be made.  If Stafford had such a team, I can only imagine what the conversation would be.

Who the hell is arguing that Stafford is the best QB in the NFL?!  Anyone?  There isn't a single person that believes that Stafford is the best QB in the league.  Just as Flacco wasn't the #1 QB when he signed his contract, nor was Carr the top QB two months ago, Stafford isn't now.

You've proven throughout this discussion that you completely lack context or understanding of Stafford's career and the Lions' organization during those years.  Which is fine.  I don't know those things about another team, but I know those things about this one.  I've watched every snap of his career multiple times.  The fact that this organization has seen the playoffs three times over the past six years, despite their notable mismanagement, is a testament to his ability.  Stats won't tell you that.  Games will.

Yeah,  for some context, Russell Wilson's defenses have given up 13 or less points in 39 of his 93 career games (42%).

Stafford? 12 times in 113 career games (11%). 

I wonder if Stafford would have a better record if he had an elite defense for the majority of his career? Tough question.

Archived