Jump to content
DreamKid

2019 ROT

Recommended Posts

Let em hear it Paul lol. I hope he can parlay our offseason consultation with him into something. Don't know how 'retired' he is, but with the NCAA games possibly coming back. It'd be great to get one of his offenses rolling again. So fun to play against in RTG mode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Let em hear it Paul lol. I hope he can parlay our offseason consultation with him into something. Don't know how 'retired' he is, but with the NCAA games possibly coming back. It'd be great to get one of his offenses rolling again. So fun to play against in RTG mode.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Johnson end up with us in a more full-time role next season as a running game consultant or something along those lines assuming we need some added brains on that front with Roman getting a head coaching job elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see Johnson end up with us in a more full-time role next season as a running game consultant or something along those lines assuming we need some added brains on that front with Roman getting a head coaching job elsewhere. 

That would be an interesting addition. Wouldn't mind stealing someone from the Sooners staff as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would really like to see us try to get Boykin going a little in the next couple of weeks. You just know come playoff time that there are going to be situations where we're going to need some big pass plays to keep drives going and may not be able to scheme guys open - not that he can't still come down with them, but teams do and will double up Andrews in those scenarios. Having a big body on the outside who Lamar can trust to make a play when he throws up 50/50 balls to would add a completely new element to the offense. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Would really like to see us try to get Boykin going a little in the next couple of weeks. You just know come playoff time that there are going to be situations where we're going to need some big pass plays to keep drives going and may not be able to scheme guys open - not that he can't still come down with them, but teams do and will double up Andrews in those scenarios. Having a big body on the outside who Lamar can trust to make a play when he throws up 50/50 balls to would add a completely new element to the offense. 

True. My only thing is when we tried to force feed Boykin to start the game against (was it the Bengals?) Lamar started off 1/5 and then when Lamar went to everyone else he went nearly perfect for the rest of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

should try and get 81 more targets. 

Completely agree. He’s the guy with nice hands and physicality that I’d prefer we force feed. I’d also like to see us launch him on a few more deep passes as well. He’s got 4.6 speed, I’m not confident many LBers can stick with him in the open field and we’ve seen him get open a few times earlier this season. That said... maybe we’re waiting until the playoffs to truly unleash him in an Anquan Boldin style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know i'd trust him/his hands more in a clutch time situation than Boykin who may need a year or 2.

hell, seems that Boyle got more targets recently than the guy you drafted 1st round for his pass catching assets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

........This is essentially the equivalent of seeing a unicorn in real life folks. Don't get greedy and wish for it's magic to never leave our sight, just appreciate it.

source.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricard's reported 1.48 10YS is one of if not the craziest testing numbers for a Ravens' player- ever. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

........This is essentially the equivalent of seeing a unicorn in real life folks. Don't get greedy and wish for it's magic to never leave our sight, just appreciate it.

source.gif

The impressive thing is, that this seems to be a coverage breakdown. They are going 4 on 2 on the right side with the RB not helping on the left side and getting out in his route late while Boyle is so committed to the block he never get out in his outlet route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OSE Record
For those interested. The Ravens offense scored on only 4/14 possessions yesterday. 3/14 TDs and 1/14 FGs.

This puts our drive stats at 47 TDs/126 possessions (37.3%) and our FGs at 23/126 (18.3%). This drops the offensive efficiency all the way down to 55.6% on the season. Effectively putting us in 3rd place behind the 07 Patriots and the 18 Saints. The offense could really use a huge game against the Jets next week to put it back on track for 1st place.

Rushing Record
On the other note. The rushing attack with a similarly poor performance of only 118 yards/game have left their chance of finishing as the only team in the 16 game NFL season above 200 rushing yards in poor standing and make breaking the 78 Patriots rushing record that much more challenging. 

They’re currently at 200.9 yards rushing/game now. So they’re currently on pace to finish with roughly 3215 rushing yards, about 50 yards above the 78 Patriots.

The way it stands to break the 200 yard average barrier they would need to average: 196 yards/game across the next three games.

To simply break the Patriots record and not be the first team in a 16 game schedule to cross the 200 yard average mark, we would need to average: 184.4 yards/game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

 

Yup, this one was on Lamar/receivers for not recognizing before/right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

OSE Record
For those interested. The Ravens offense scored on only 4/14 possessions yesterday. 3/14 TDs and 1/14 FGs.

This puts our drive stats at 47 TDs/126 possessions (37.3%) and our FGs at 23/126 (18.3%). This drops the offensive efficiency all the way down to 55.6% on the season. Effectively putting us in 3rd place behind the 07 Patriots and the 18 Saints. The offense could really use a huge game against the Jets next week to put it back on track for 1st place.

Rushing Record
On the other note. The rushing attack with a similarly poor performance of only 118 yards/game have left their chance of finishing as the only team in the 16 game NFL season above 200 rushing yards in poor standing and make breaking the 78 Patriots rushing record that much more challenging. 

They’re currently at 200.9 yards rushing/game now. So they’re currently on pace to finish with roughly 3215 rushing yards, about 50 yards above the 78 Patriots.

The way it stands to break the 200 yard average barrier they would need to average: 196 yards/game across the next three games.

To simply break the Patriots record and not be the first team in a 16 game schedule to cross the 200 yard average mark, we would need to average: 184.4 yards/game.

If we rest our starters against a good PIT defense in week 17, it'll be hard to break any of these records. I'd like to see them break the Pats record for rushing yards, if possible, but not at the expense of exposing starters to injury in week 17. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×