2019 ROT

DreamKid

Roman needs to get it together. There's no justification for this. Hayden can beat LBs or Safeties, and I've legit never seen him drop a ball for us. On our final drive against the Browns and on 3 of Hayden's 15 F'n snaps, we targeted him 3 times(in a row) for 3 catches- 66 Yards + a 4th Down Conversion. He's open constantly against man or zone and he has YAC ablity. Simply put, we're making it easier for defenses to beat us by not playing him.

We can lament his age and/or his 1st Round price tag all we want, but it's time to acknowledge that he is a great weapon- one we should make use of. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Roman needs to get it together. There's no justification for this. Hayden can beat LBs or Safeties, and I've legit never seen him drop a ball for us. On our final drive against the Browns and on 3 of Hayden's 15 F'n snaps, we targeted him 3 times(in a row) for 3 catches- 66 Yards + a 4th Down Conversion. He's open constantly against man or zone and he has YAC ablity. Simply put, we're making it easier for defenses to beat us by not playing him.

We can lament his age and/or his 1st Round price tag all we want, but it's time to acknowledge that he is a great weapon- one we should make use of. 

I hope someone take their time to break down Hursts contribution, because I have a feeling, that Hurst could have had a bigger impact, if he was a bigger part of the passing game, and that Lamar would look more his way. I remember some of us noticing Lamar settling for a short throw to Andrews when Hurst was wide open deep after beating his coverage.

27 minutes ago, Danand said:

I hope someone take their time to break down Hursts contribution, because I have a feeling, that Hurst could have had a bigger impact, if he was a bigger part of the passing game, and that Lamar would look more his way. I remember some of us noticing Lamar settling for a short throw to Andrews when Hurst was wide open deep after beating his coverage.

I want to find out what program guys like Edgar and Michael Crawford use. I'd like to be able to share some of the stuff I see on the All-22 too. And I doubt anyone will highlight what Hayden did because it was such a big loss and we have bigger fish to fry in terms of play review.

I think Lamar will be more aware of Hayden now, even when he's not the primary. Roman should be forced to incorporate him more now too. If Hayden flashes like that and doesn't see a severe uptick in opportunity- I think we really need to start questioning things. What's weird too is that we know Hayden was such a big part of the camp/practice offense. Lamar was constantly hitting him and Mark for big plays. Now it's like all Mark with Boyle and Hurst relegated to the bench or blocking duty. I do think Mark is better overall pass catcher than Hayden, but our offense could be so much more dynamic with them both on the field together.

Gronkowski was better than Aaron Hernandez, but the Patriots realized they still had a special weapon in the latter and forged a rare attack as a result.

3 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Teams are starting to key on Hollywood and Mandrews, so we better start getting other people involved or it's going to be a long season.

They did that already in the Cardinals game and the Browns admitted that was their strategy too. Take away the deep throws and let Baltimore run it. 

33 minutes ago, Danand said:

They did that already in the Cardinals game and the Browns admitted that was their strategy too. Take away the deep throws and let Baltimore run it. 

Yup. And when we have a bottom 10 defense in the league, that's not gonna work. Need to jump out of the gates quicker.

Edit: after rewatching that Chris Moore debacle, Lamar thought he'd sit down in the open zone but Moore kept going up the sidelines. Moore HAS to catch that even with the "miscommunication". Sidenote, I'm tired of heard the word communication.

Edited by M.10.E

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Yup. And when we have a bottom 10 defense in the league, that's not gonna work. Need to jump out of the gates quicker.

Edit: after rewatching that Chris Moore debacle, Lamar thought he'd sit down in the open zone but Moore kept going up the sidelines. Moore HAS to catch that even with the "miscommunication". Sidenote, I'm tired of heard the word communication.

Then what about the "miscommunication" on the 4. down where Andrews took the route up field rather than running the out route Lamar read?

I actually wonder who made the mistake there, because I didn't see anything that could blame either WR/QB. 

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

Then what about the "miscommunication" on the 4. down where Andrews took the route up field rather than running the out route Lamar read?

I actually wonder who made the mistake there, because I didn't see anything that could blame either WR/QB. 

We'll probably never know but I'd lean Lamar. Just too many dumb/simple errors for a team with such a slim margin for errors now-a-days.

Is miscommunication going to be the word of the season?

Edited by M.10.E

7 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

We'll probably never know but I'd lean Lamar. Just too many dumb/simple errors for a team with such a slim margin for errors now-a-days.

Is miscommunication going to be the word of the season?

"miscommunication", we don't even have that word in danish. We have something roughly translated to "communication gap", which I think is the proper word to use here. That would make sense, as everybody is talking about how to bridge that gap

• Like 1

The amount of times we've talked about "communication" issues really puts the onus on coaching. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball - there's just no reason everyone should be this confused on every play and it's on Wink to simplify things if it's not working. 

Seems like Mosley and Weddle in particular are missed right now not even as much for their on-the-field ability (though that's less true with Mosley given how bad at tackling our linebackers have been) but because they knew how to work within a complicated defensive scheme. It doesn't seem like Earl has absorbed things yet which has left us without any leadership/organization on the defensive side of the ball at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is there any all-22 footage of our offensive passing concepts? I'm wondering why we're constantly seeing Lamar drop back, scan the field, see nothing open and then have to run or get sacked. Is he missing WR's? Are our passing concepts that bad?

I'd like someone to do a breakdown on it TBH. I know he's missed a couple for Hurst but not sure about the WRs.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

From an article I read earlier about how Lamar and Andrews have a connection playing "streetball", where Andrews changes routes on the fly and Lamar has a good feel for where he will go, I would put it on Andrews. It looked like Lamar knew it was a short yardage play and wanted to hit Andrews on the comeback to the sidelines - the designed playcall, but Andrews saw he had a few steps on his defender and tried to turn it upfield for the big play. I personally don't hate the idea by Andrews, but on a necessary fourth down conversion, you want to take the high percentage catch that was called.