2019 ROT

DreamKid

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 12:19 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

One thing I wonder is that on the 2 Mark Andrews throws down field, if he doesn't turn his body around and try to catch them over his head and instead just lets the ball drop over his shoulder, would it be easier or harder to catch that? Both throws were perfect from Lamar.

I don’t see a problem. Reason being, the thing I like about Andrews is his ability to consistently target the ball at its highest point. So the benefit of letting the ball drop in the bucket over the top IMO is outweighed by his ability to protected the QB by going up high for the ball and not allowing a corner to catch it over the top.

Either way Red Thor was in possession of StormBreaker out there. We obviously need to target him more. Low key I kind of hope we include Snead in that Yannick trade and we put Hurst in as our split WR. I like Snead, but I don’t think he’s any quicker or faster than Hurst and his hands are definitely not as reliable. Whatever opens up avenues for Hurst to see more situational pass snaps.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t see a problem. Reason being, the thing I like about Andrews is his ability to consistently target the ball at its highest point. So the benefit of letting the ball drop in the bucket over the top IMO is outweighed by his ability to protected the QB by going up high for the ball and not allowing a corner to catch it over the top.

Either way Red Thor was in possession of StormBreaker out there. We obviously need to target him more. Low key I kind of hope we include Snead in that Yannick trade and we put Hurst in as our split WR. I like Snead, but I don’t think he’s any quicker or faster than Hurst and his hands are definitely not as reliable. Whatever opens up avenues for Hurst to see more situational pass snaps.

This is why you're the man, DB. I like Snead, but I'd let him go instead of Red Thor. He definitely needs to see more snaps and I can't for the life of me understand what y'all boy Roman be doing. I was expecting Andrews and Hurst to be what Gronk and Hernandez was for Brady but even better.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

This is why you're the man, DB. I like Snead, but I'd let him go instead of Red Thor. He definitely needs to see more snaps and I can't for the life of me understand what y'all boy Roman be doing. I was expecting Andrews and Hurst to be what Gronk and Hernandez was for Brady but even better.

Yeah, it’s definitely very curious as to why we aren’t using Hurst more. He’s practiced well by all news and notes. He’s played well when given opportunities. I think it’s time we got more creative with our pass weapons. No need to tip the cap to the defense. Though maybe they’ve purposely been holding back Hurst so that he can shock the Patriots with how dominant he is and how much we use him.

Among all players with 50+ carries, it looks like Lamar has the best 1stDown%(83 carries- 36.1%) and both Gus Edwards(52 carries- 34.6%) & Mark Ingram(99 carries- 28.3%) rank 1 and 2 respectively among HBs.

Note: Kneel downs are factored in for Lamar's numbers.

Just a truly magnificent run game. Bringing in Ingram has been amazing and Gus Edwards continues to show why he's perfect for this offense. As we get deeper into the season don't sleep on Justice Hill either. 

• Like 1

Hopefully the bye week brought an opportunity to switch up our tendencies and put in some new looks to the offense.

The talk all offseason about this offense was how multiple we could be and how many looks we can throw at teams, so hopefully Roman and Cauley went to the lab to throw in some plays/formations/personnel groupings for the 2nd half of the season to burn teams that are playing against tendencies our offense showed from week 1-7.

I'm hoping for some added "get players in space" looks, featuring guys like Justice and Hollywood.

Also would like to see some Andrews-based diversion plays that leave guys like Hurst wide open. Him getting involved in the second half of this season would be huge for us.

We know if we play the offensive game we've shown so far to perfection we can win a lot of games. Now let's take it to the next level.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/11/4/20947989/lamar-jackson-ravens-team-building-win-patriots-week-9

Enjoyed reading this. Not exactly new information for any of us, but it's nice to see national reporters digging into what we're doing and picking up on a lot of the big-picture stuff the organization did to set us up for this moment with Lamar. 

• Like 1