2019 ROT

DreamKid

So I just looked back at all the top scoring offenses in their respective seasons since 1993, which is where football outsiders stops tracking. Here is how the Ravens currently rank with 5 games left to go in this season:

oRhSXnO.jpg

Obviously as you can tell, the Ravens are currently on pace to have the greatest offensive season in NFL history (as the offenses have obviously gotten better overtime due to rules, sports science, more fleshed put offensive systems, etc.)

The fact that some are discussing Lamar Jackson as a “fringe” MVP, who just leapfrogged above Russell Wilson after this past game is ridiculous. These people are clearly only stat watching.

This offense has the most yards gained per drive that the NFL has seen in the last 27 years, if not of all time. They currently are on pace to surpass the 07’ Patriots in points/drive. They are one of three offenses in the history of the game with over 40% touchdowns. Oh and they are obliterating the top competition by just about 4% points.

Throw in the fact that the rushing attack is on pace to obliterate the 78 Patriots for most rushing yards in a season. Throw in the individual records such as Lamar tying the most perfect passer games in a season. Throw in the fact that he’s set to obliterate Mike Vick’s rushing record by 200 yards.

We are witnessing history in the making. Lamar should unanimously be the MVP and no, I do not believe it’s particularly “close”.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So I just looked back at all the top scoring offenses in their respective seasons since 1993, which is where football outsiders stops tracking. Here is how the Ravens currently rank with 5 games left to go in this season:

oRhSXnO.jpg

Obviously as you can tell, the Ravens are currently on pace to have the greatest offensive season in NFL history (as the offenses have obviously gotten better overtime due to rules, sports science, more fleshed put offensive systems, etc.)

The fact that some are discussing Lamar Jackson as a “fringe” MVP, who just leapfrogged above Russell Wilson after this past game is ridiculous. These people are clearly only stat watching.

This offense has the most yards gained per drive that the NFL has seen in the last 27 years, if not of all time. They currently are on pace to surpass the 07’ Patriots in points/drive. They are one of three offenses in the history of the game with over 40% touchdowns. Oh and they are obliterating the top competition by just about 4% points.

Throw in the fact that the rushing attack is on pace to obliterate the 78 Patriots for most rushing yards in a season. Throw in the individual records such as Lamar tying the most perfect passer games in a season. Throw in the fact that he’s set to obliterate Mike Vick’s rushing record by 200 yards.

We are witnessing history in the making. Lamar should unanimously be the MVP and no, I do not believe it’s particularly “close”.

I literally just posted this same stat in NFL GEN :D

Timestamps say you beat me by 1 minute (but I swear that's less time than it would have taken me to do the math in that post, lol).

Looks like I skipped 98 Minny, too

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

It's pretty wacky how the 2019 Ravens are looking to best the 2007 Pats' numbers on offense, and the 2019 Patriots are looking to best the 2000 Ravens' numbers on defense.

Yup. Some luck too. Dallas’ offense would’ve been much more explosive if not for those crazy conditions. Really hoping someone else can step up. Perhaps Watson will put up some sort of dominant performance against them unexpectedly and both help us out by providing an L for the Pats as well as prevent that defense from breaking that 00 Ravens scoring record.

On 11/27/2019 at 12:27 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. Some luck too. Dallas’ offense would’ve been much more explosive if not for those crazy conditions. Really hoping someone else can step up. Perhaps Watson will put up some sort of dominant performance against them unexpectedly and both help us out by providing an L for the Pats as well as prevent that defense from breaking that 00 Ravens scoring record.

If the Pats break that record but lose in the playoffs, I'm totally fine with that.

All the great historic defenses are considered so because they utterly stomped their playoff foes on the way to the Super Bowl. 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 02 Bucs, and 13 Seahawks defenses come to mind. 

• Like 2

A strong play and a lesser play from Mekari during the Rams game. I'm not worried about Mekari's anchor going forward, he's shown really good balance thus far and has a strong ability to second sink/re anchor after giving initial ground. He'll continue to groom his body for interior as well.